Remember this post a week ago? Well..... LOOK what I came home to today.... my tile has arrived!
so far, so, so good...
the actual tiles are a little bigger than I was expecting, which is freaking awesome... and they are so much more beautiful than I could have ever imagined! They have a great shine, and there is a richness to the white that I hadn't expected.... I was slightly worried about the condition of the tiles, based on overstock.com ratings, but only one of the boxes of tile had damaged pieces worth mentioning. I was slightly bummed, but I don't think I will have to order anymore, fingers crossed, and I still consider this buy a HUGE success!
  And now... check this out! I went by to pick up a piece of my granite slab that will soon be living in my kitchen! It's gorgeous. Here are some photos with the granite against the tile...
The granite's name is kashmir white... and it's pretty common. It's a light granite, which I love... with tiny specs of brown, lots of creamy grey and taupe. The image below is true to color.
and here are my cabinets... remember?
Can't WAIT to get this project going... I am waiting for my fab-faucet and depthy sink to arrive... and then we're going to get this show on the road! The show may take a little while to be completed as I will be learning to lay tile for the backsplash... and perhaps put up some new sheetrock... Colonel Dad is stepping in to lead the way... I am hoping to absorb as much knowledge from him as possible!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top