Not only did I complete my daunting drapes & valances last weekend... but we demo'd the kitchen backsplash! Thanks to Colonel Dad, Mister Husband and a little help from me- we got this DONE!

Colonel Dad said from the beginning, based on the tile that I chose, that we needed to replace the sheetrock and start with a fresh, smooth surface to lay the new tile. If we were going with something that didn't have to be smooth and completely even, we could have stuck with what we had- and patched where necessary. BUT new sheetrock is definitely the best option in this situation, especially when the Colonel is a master craftsman... no worries here!

chipping away at the tile to see if we could salvage the sheetrock...
Mister Hubbs digging in...
and this is after they decided that the sheetrock must go...

Colonel Dad also mentioned that I would need a trim to finish off the edges of my backsplash.... why didn't I think of that? I was so excited to check out my options... here are my favorites from Lowes.
The first is a beveled marble, the second has a beaded detail, and the third is flat & plain. 
Originally, I thought flat & plain was the way to go... but I wasn't sure once I compared it to my tile...
I asked Mister Hubbs what he thought, he usually says, "whatever you think" like a good husband- but this time he said, "the middle one, for sure." I couldn't have been happier... the middle one is definitely the perfect choice for our kitchen, and Mister Husband made that very clear. 

So... we are well on our way to a beautiful, new kitchen! I will keep updating our progress!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top