Mister Husband and I have finally decided to get a quote for GRANITE in the kitchen! ::I am doing a happy dance at my desk:: I cannot wait. I am meeting with the granite guy this afternoon to discuss our options... I am sure picking the actual slab will come later...

Here is my kitchen now, and here is where you can check out my kitchen cabinet re-do.

But for NOW, this means is that I get to pick out a new backsplash, sink, and faucet. I cannot wait, so I didn't wait! I just ordered tile. I have been looking at tile for a while now just for fun, but came across something so beautiful, simple, and cheap! "Where did I get it?" you ask.... overstock.com.
Here it is... and here is the link.

My plan is to find something light in color for the countertops I think... anything but this sick, skank, brown laminate. The subtle contrast between the cream cabinets and white backsplash will make the kitchen seem rich and light at the same time... ::still doing my happy dance::... I am also planning on using a pale grey groute to show off the interesting shape of the tile that I have purchased!

...and don't tell me, I already realize that my gorgeous tile only got one, measly star in it's review due to the way it was packaged... regardless, I am fiercely optimistic that I will give this product a 5! You see, there is a blue version of this same tile sold on overstock, and it got 5 stars... so, I figure the one person that gave this beautiful tile one star was just unlucky....  if I am unlucky, I will get my money back- but I am sure that my tile will be perfect!

I decided upon this tile because I wanted something uniform that created an interesting pattern. I knew I wanted some form of white and grey so that the backsplash would be slightly different in color than the cabinets... cream backsplash and cream counters would have been too much... 

While I am anxiously waiting for my kitchen re-do #2... I will be adoring already kick "a" kitchens.... and so will you, enjoy.

such a beautiful and elegant glass tile backsplash... adds instant glamour and drama... also love the decorative white corbels on the island. They're a nice contrast to the modern barstools... 

I have seriously thought about having an electrician stop by my abode... I would love the chance to hang something like this over my island... 

the honeycomb shape is the simple version of what I chose, but these are marble, which adds such a soft, and subtle texture to the simple repetitive pattern...

this is incredible... I have yet to come across this diamond iridescent backsplash... anyone seen it?

pretty white kitchen, classic. love the tin ceiling!

the honeycomb shaped stainless backsplash is beautiful, love how it catches the light... it's got all the glam of a chandelier! and how about that blue ceiling... wow, love it.

Love this granite backsplash... anyone have a few thousand I could borrow? 

see? the cream cabinets with the white backsplash and grey grout look amazing... 

I will update as the project moves forward... next, I must pick out the sink! FYI: don't hold your breath for this project to be complete... all good things come with time



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top