After my last post, I really feel as if I should share with you where this living room began... 

Mister Husband and I bought our house prior to getting hitched... he lived at our new house, and I was living with my parents. When we moved everything into the house, we were a bit shocked to see how much we would need to fill our home. 

We had a mattress on the floor.... one dresser, one big screen tv, and a table without chairs. We literally had nothing in our living room... not a single, freaking thing. So I had a clean slate and a whole lot of saving to do for furniture! 

Here we are getting ready to paint the space, out with the granola
The coffee table to the right is a Hooker piece that we found on sale for around $300... it was quite a steal based on the regular price! check out those shutters..... ugh.
Here it is after paint color #1... the custom shutters are gone... and now the hole for our old school tv is in plain sight. I believe that this view was better than the shutters... I also found these leather slipper chairs cheap-- I don't love them, but they function just fine for now. Notice the beautiful fan? It creates the exact opposite of ambience.
After painting the entire room, Mister Husband told me he liked our blue walls... I wanted to cry- I argued with him over it for a couple of months- I swore the walls were grey...and then I decided that I hated the color I had chosen... Mister Hubbs was right, the room was blue, boo. So, I repainted the entire room myself. I love it now... it's much darker and has a hint of brown in the color. It really warms up the space....Here is another before... 

I then ran across this beautiful rug from Pottery Barn... it couldn't have been more perfect for my vision!

Here is the space after we got the rug and our beautiful sofa via pottery barn-- the skank tv is still there... but we did get the ceiling fan replaced with a lucky find via overstock- it's a Murray Feiss fixture, and I purchased it for just under $200! Not to mention, the shipping was only $1! (the room is still shade of grey/blue #1)
And now.... look how far I have come! I will blog later about how we (Colonel Dad, Mister Hubbs and myself) filled in the hole for the tv mount, as well as other room details and furniture finds... but that's all from memory lane for now!



Have a great evening!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top