Merry Monday to all! 
I have been thinking a lot about shiny, black doors. I keep running across them in my design magazines and throughout the blog universe. They are pretty amazing- and super dramatic. Like my kitchen cabinets, my doors throughout my home were purchased on the cheap. There is nothing special about them... they are just white, standard, skank doors, yuck. I have been dreaming of replacing them, but it really wouldn't make sense to spend that much cash-o-la on doors... especially when there isn't really anything wrong with the doors we have currently (except for their general nasty-ness, and their lack of beauty & spunk). So, why not paint my doors a high-gloss black? Well, I don't have a reason... it will be a lot of work... and I am sure it will make me cry at some point... but like my cabinets, it may be worth every moment of trouble!

love this space, its so dramatic- yet light because of all of the white trim and paned doors 

the two doors framing this mirrored wall are gorgeous, they add a lot of depth and ground the space.
These shiny black doors just make me melt, all of the sudden, the doors are something you notice- which is not normal in most spaces.
Nate Berkus always knows best...

again, this is really making me want to purchase 15 gallons of black paint... I have counted 17 doors in our home... geeze!





the black door against the pale blue and yellow is dramatic and unexpected.





look at that little black door... so nice







There is something so sophisticated and gutsy about these doors... and I'm feeling brave... I will let you all know if I put this on my long project list! Have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top