I spent my weekend making one of my dreams happen, with a little birthday money and a lot of saving... I was able to purchase one of my furniture obsessions! I will post tomorrow about that.... but today, your pearl of wisdom is oversized clam shells... ah. love.

I first fell in love with this design trend when I saw this... I mean, melt my heart why don't you! What a fantastic idea for a water bowl with personality and easy elegance! I am confident that Lady (my cocker) would love this... it may be a little fancy for our lab, King's taste....

So, two days ago I was getting ready to purchase my obsession when an oversized clam shell caught my eye... I wanted it so badly I didn't consider shopping around for a better price (big mistake, found one today for cheaper! blast!) Anyway, bought it, love it... check out these photos of other homes that have embraced this clam shell trend!
so, so pretty- love the natural shape on top of such a modern piece. 





this is a bit much... isn't that little lady supposed to be standing in the shell? Besides that... I love this space.

great idea... so pretty!


these photos are from my favorite blog, young house love. those two have the best taste... 




make sure that if you are planning on using the clam shell for food, that you check to make sure it's safe! some of these come with a warning about food... so pay attention!




really love the shell as a planter... 

I am sure you all want to know where to get one of these beauties... am I right? Well, here are a few options for you-- this one is at Zgallerie for $50. This one from Ballard Designs is much more glossy & has a pretty pearlescent interior, it's around $120. 

I will post a photo very soon of my pretty, resin oyster shell- I hope you all have had a wonderful holiday weekend! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top