so, welcome to my humble abode... here is where Mr. Hubbs and I share our time together... the living room :) he calls it a den, I however, do not. Anyway, I promised that I would post photos of my new piece of furniture... I still have so much lust for it that I can hardly walk through the room without losing my breathe. It's gorgeous... super tall, rugged, lovely and handsome all at the same time... Check out the before and after--
my version of taxidermy chic
Here it is! I can't believe how much space was wasted in that corner of the room. The entire space feels larger- I couldn't be happier! Notice my oversized clam shell? love, love.
and again... 
and as usual... the camera hog, King, and his big sis' Lady.
See those place settings of fine china? Well, prior to placing them lovingly on my shelf- I dropped 2 salad plates on my head... that's right, my freaking fine china on my freaking head. I was lifting the entire dinner plate stack from a shelf in the kitchen, and 2 salad plates were hiding on top of the stack. I could have died- not only did it hurt, but I knew it would ruin my weekend if I had broken these precious plates. BUT, they didn't break! Not only did they not break, but there is not even a chip or crack! My saving grace was my sick, skank laminant countertops... thank God for cheap building materials! If I had granite, those babies would have been gone-ers! 
My favorite thing about this piece is that I finally have a place to display all of my very favorite treasures! 
The top shelf holds an american flag that my dad flew with March 30, 2003 in Operation Iraqi Freedom-- He made the stand himself,  it's so, so beautiful... you can also see our wedding cake topper- it's a Lladro collectable, and I love it. The artwork framed in gold on the bottom shelves are from college, they're dead botanical studies, and I have always loved them. We also have displayed our beautiful crystal and china, and our wedding album... and yes, those are the Twilight series books... 





After pining away, and saving away... that beauty is mine! Hope you adore this beautiful Summer Classics piece as much as I do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top