Hooray for Friday! So, I have an older sister who follows my blog, she lives in Atlanta- and is a new mommy. Her name is Stefanie, but I just call her Stef, or Nene... so that's what I'll call her. Every time she reads my blog, she tells me she wants to "throw rocks at her house..." She demands that she is "design" challenged... she's really not. But I like to help her out with colors and fun pieces of furniture when I can. She and her husband, Peyton, Mister Hubbs and I call him P-Diddy... yes, that's what we call him- are thinking of creating a new living space in their home. Nene has asked me what kind of furniture she should get-- and my head went STRAIGHT to tufts!

Nene loves books, tradition, wine, magnolia trees and her front porch. Which is exactly why I think of a traditional, tufted sofa that looks like it belongs in an old library... it is so her. Also, when used in an unexpected color, it becomes quite young and fresh, also, so her.

Here would be a good and slightly obvious choice for her new space.... and here is where you can find it. Thank you God for Restoration Hardware...
But this is where my head went immediately... I mentioned a pale blue, soft, tufted, leather sofa that I had seen on Horchow and Neiman Marcus... it's heavenly. It's also expensive- but aren't all beautiful staple pieces?

Here it is....
here is where to find it, it is also sold on this site
But, enough about dreamy, leather tufted sofas...Here are some pretty, pretty images of tufts in all shapes and sizes to get you through the weekend! Check out the sofa! Elle and I have the same taste... 

and here is an anthropologie shot circa 2009?... another blue tufted sofa... and check out that lamp shade... I have that  beauty in my living room!








Hope you all have a quick work day and a long weekend!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top