Hello and good morning abode lovers! I have had bookshelves on the brain lately. I love that there are billions of styling options to create with blank canvases of shelves. Styling can completely transform a space and can add so much of your own personal style and flair to your space. Books that you love, objects, images-- they can make the difference in how personal your abode feels. 

I love how airy this wall of shelving is... the repeated cylindrical shapes and circles really make these shelves flow from one opening to the next. The theme in shape really makes all of these objects fit together. 


In this space, the accessories have hot pink and tones of red to draw your eye through each opening in these built-in beauties. In almost every cubby there is a splash of red. Again, you see a theme of color that tie all of these styled objects to the rest of the room that is also accented in reds and pinks. 


Oh the layers... I die. I really love this trend. Hanging artwork ON bookshelf ledges is so fun and it really breaks up the monotony of the deep shelves.  (I'm not wild about the creepy old lady head down there... what's that about?!)


Here again you can see a color theme of teal that pulls your eye through this yummy collection of books and objects. Each shelf has a little touch of teal that ties is beautifully with the painting hanging close to the built in bookcase. I also love that the objects relate to each other as well. The shells perched up on stands as well as the black and white silhouettes create small themes that repeat as well without matching. 


 I am definitely a fan of stacking books horizontally. I love that each stack is topped with a little accessory. This is one of my favorite things to do at my abode. The white objects splashed through this arrangement really brighten up this space. Again, you can see that there is a repeating shape/object in the circular pieces on small black stands. I am really digging all of the white and cream used in this bookshelf.


This is super casual... I usually like things a bit more styled-- but what a cute kiddo! I also really love the artwork hanging on the bookshelves as well as the green backdrop.


This space has been a favorite of mine for quite a while... the antlers in the center cubby get me every time. I love the super natural and rustic pieces paired with the super modern and very white lampshade,  the bookcases and the insanely fluffy chair. The juxtaposition of new and old styles on these bookshelves just makes me swoon... I think I'm in love. 


 I love, love this color combination. The robins egg blue paired with the lime green bookcovers, the green glass ball and the rich green leafs and grass. So fresh, so young. All of these colors stand out beautifully without competition because all of the books are covered in cream and white papers. I love the monochromatic look.


This is amazing. I think one day I would like to have an office that is this feminine, bold and amazing. The chairs are simply fabulous. I also LOVE how some of the books are opened to spectacular spreads. As a graphic designer I treasure beautifully designed books and this would be a dream.... I mean, how freaking cool is this?!


So, so pretty. The natural coral, tortoise shells, plants and all of the other natural touches in this arrangement are so warm and rich. I don't think natural elements will ever go out of style. Coral will always be beautiful, as will a tortoise shell. 


I know everyone loves this look.... I do too. I think it works in very simple rooms such as this. The white furniture allows this rainbow of books to shine.


These book covers are SOOO fun. I love them. 

 There's nothing like a woman's head to deck your shelves... I LOVE this side view of this lady on the top shelf. I think she's also wearing a necklace... too fun. The horizontally stacked books topped with fun bowls and objects give this bookcase a modern feel. I also love the magazine stacks with photographs and artwork covering all of the spines. I think this is a great, great look. 


 I love the overhanging brass light fixtures on these simple and classic bookshelves. The books are all color coordinated, but I love how all of the bright colors are at the top of the bookshelf while the bottom of each shelf remains pretty simple and monochromatic with cream and whites. 

Can I also just say that the chandelier in this space has stolen my heart? So much charm, so much class. Oh my....


Thank you to Emily Henderson from Secret's of a Stylist for showing us how to successfully style bookcases. This is some of her work and it's just so great. I love all of the different items she pulls into her displays. She takes risks like hanging animal horns AND an empty oval frame together, but she also ALWAYS pulls in classic pieces so that it doesn't look too whimsical like the bust on the top shelf and the old, traditional books stacked vertically. 



This space is amaze-balls. Yep, I said that. I think I heard it on Glee... anyway, I LOVE the pattern in the bedroom and how calm and neutral it is... and then you step out to a sitting room and BAMB! You just got a huge slap in the face (in a good way) of yummy color. This space wouldn't be half as interesting if all of those books were cream and white. Hooray for color.


 I love these little multicolored bowls. Love. Them. 

Noticing a theme on these shelves? The clock collection is so fun, I also love that it's monochromatic and simple... 


 What is the deal with breathtaking vintage chandeliers today?! I think I'll be having dreams about this one... I mean, LOOK at those sea foam tapers! Anyway, back to shelves... I think this is SO smart... mirrors behind bookshelves always does it for me. They do what mirrors do best, open up the space, bounce around natural light and look altogether fancy. Don't you just LOVE this look?


So, anyone else feel like running around your abode and restyling every shelf and bookcase in your whole house?? I sure do!

I hope everyone has a fabulous Tuesday... and thank you all so much for the sweet words concerning my last post. I know I speak for all of Alabama when I say thank you for your prayers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top