Hello abode lovers and happy Thursday! Is it just me or has this week FLOWN by!? Anyway, today I am going to discuss doors... remember this post about my front door overhaul? It went from sun damaged to sleek after a little help from Martha and her high gloss black paint! Here is a reminder of the before and after....

 

(before)


Well.... Martha is back. She helped me revamp my INTERIOR doors as well! This was QUITE a process but well worth it. I feel like my little abode looks so much more custom than it did before!



Anyone remember this image? See the super bland and skank hallway behind me? You can see the old light fixtures if you squint as well as the builder-beige walls... yuck, yuck, yuck.


Here was the hallway before I painted the doors black.... (I realize the doors are open, but use your imagination!)


here is my process... I left the doors on the hinges, taped paper to the floor and went for it! 


Here is how they looked after the first coat....




And now the reveal...Ta-da! What do you think? I LLLOOOOVVVEEEE it! I am so happy to have the contrast in the hallway and I really love that it makes the light fixtures stand out SO much more! There is more depth and interest in this hallway than ever before and I am SO happy with the results!



Here is the other side of the hallway... and there's sweet Lady, just galloping along...


I love the glossy sheen that these doors have... 



Here is a shot of the little nook between the kitchen/hallway and the master bedroom...


and again...


Here is the inspiration that I have collected over the years that helped me take on this large project... 










So- for all of you who are thinking of painting interior doors- I say DO IT. It's NOT a hard project to take on, it's simply time consuming. I did about 2-3 doors per night after work and got them knocked out in about a week. I left a few of my doors painted white (the side that is facing the inside of a few rooms... ) simply because I see the impact a door color can make and I am thinking of painting a few doors different colors.... 

I hope all of you have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top