Good Tuesday morning all of you abode lovers! I am especially in love with my abode today... it's clean, and my DIY feather chandelier is hung! What do you think?


Here is what Mister Husband and I had before... that's right, a big, skank-nasty brown wooden fan, sick. (Notice I also got rid of that purple-ish gray quilt and replaced it with a coral beauty from West Elm!)


(again before... I must have cropped out the fan out of pure disgust.)


Here is the inspiration from Jayson Home & Garden coming in at around $2,500! 

I spent around $100 on all of the materials to make this chandelier. I snagged the shade from World Market, the feathers online at Moodfabrics, the rope trim from Hobby Lobby 50% off as well as the gold foiled paper at Hobby Lobby. I added the crystals for a little extra glitter and glam (no surprise to anyone who knows me at all...) and I snagged them at Lowe's in the lighting department for around $1 per crystal. 

Here are a few images that inspired me to bring in a gold interior...


I really love what a gold interior can do for a shade. It creates such a warm glow when the light is on and it also adds such a nice and glamorous surprise without being too much.


Here are the detail shots of my DIY feather chandelier.... 





Here is another view... I know the lighting isn't great, sorry!


and this is before Mister Husband and I hopped in bed...

King and Lady were also getting ready for beddy-bye.
King loves the new feather chandelier, he told me so.

Have a wonderful day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top