So, as many of you know, I'm a southern girl. I am a military kid and was moved around quite a bit, but Birmingham, Alabama is where my home is now and has been for most of my life now. Last week a tornado struck this beautiful state and has devastated many areas in Alabama. Lots of friends were affected by this disaster and I am so lucky to say that I am safe, my family is safe and our homes are perfectly intact. It was certainly a terrifying night of hiding out and watching the news... listening to reports of dangerous and violent tornados headed for my town, in areas eerily close to my sweet abode.

I talk about the love of my abode quite often and my heart goes out to the people who lost their homes. I know that a house is just a "thing" and that in the end it's life that's important, but I can't imagine losing my home. Losing the place that makes me feel comfort and love all around me, I pray for all of those who are missing loved ones, missing the place they called home and all of the memories that go along with that precious place of family and love.

Please pray for the state of Alabama, and if you can, donate to those who are in need. People are still being found alive, so hope is still in the heart of many alabamians.

As always, have a wonderful day abode lovers and be so thankful for what you have, I know I am!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top