Good morning abode lovers and happy hump day! As some of you may know, my older sister, Nene is having another baby boy and is due in the next month.... hooray! I have been hard at work helping design the nursery as well as helping some of Nene's dear friends with a baby shower! (I was in charge of all decor and took on the desserts as well!) Anyway, I thought I would share photos of the shower that took place last weekend!

Here are the invitations that I designed for baby Raleigh's shower. They match his bedding! I blogged about Raleigh's nursery mood board months ago and it has changed a little as we have pulled the room together, but the theme is definitely still the friends of the forest... Here is the mood board from months ago.


(if you are interested in custom design for stationery, shower invites or wedding invites please contact me here!)

This table was for all of the yummy food (that is not yet placed in all of the dishes in these photos). I used slices of wood thanks to Mister Husband and his amazing chainsaw skills- I also used a ton of dishes I have collected over the years that felt woodsy and natural. I then went crazy on the 80% off isle at Hobby Lobby and purchase a few tins, mushrooms and a little squirrel and then spray painted them ALL gold! (they were absolutely skank-tastic prior to the paint)

These letters are cardboard and came from JoAnn Fabrics, and of course, I spray painted them.  


I loved the raw look of the wood next to the warm gold and bright silver- I think mixing all of these textures made for a rich look.  


The precious turtle trays came from World Market. I snagged one dish and my mom snagged another... we love turtles and these were too great of a deal to pass up! (Here is a more expensive knock-off from ZGallerie--)



The glazed bowl is a favorite of mine that I have had for years that I purchased from the Pottery Barn outlet in Atlanta- love it! The twig bowl in the center of the table is probably familiar to many of you-- it's also from Pottery Barn and normally sits on top of my living room coffee table.


These were too fun to make... I designed several different onesies to go along with the friends of the forest theme. I printed out the designs on fabric transfer paper and ironed away... I think they came out beautifully! 



Here is a photo of my beautiful sister and mommy... isn't she gorgeous? I hope I look that beautiful when I'm 8 months pregnant and running around after a 1 year old... wow, right!?


My super mom framed these prints for Raleigh's nursery and we decided to use them as decor at the party! I love how sweet and soft they are matted and framed in white. Anyone notice the baby animal prints? I have adored these for quite some time- you can buy your own prints at the Animal Print Shop by Sharon Montrose.


Mister Fox... these colors couldn't have been more perfect for the nursery! We snagged this guy on Etsy from an amazing little shop called Berkley Illustration. You have never seen so many amazing animals dressed to the 9's. There is so much whimsy and charm packed into these clothed animals-- take a look at this shop, you won't regret it!


Here is the baby fox... how presh are these!?! 


And now on to the dessert table-- yum! We had the cake made at a local bakery called Edgars, they make one delicious cake! (they also made my wedding cake!) They did a great job with the art from the invitation- we were so happy with it! 

 

These may have been my favorite part of the entire shower... the cupcakes. I found this amazing store on Etsy called Sweet Estelle's Baking Supply- I am officially obsessed! These little toppers just MAKE the table- I also love the little gingham cupcake liners. 


 Here is another look at the cake. 


These gold twig stands are from Target-- I got them a few years ago and have used them so many times! The smores on a pretzel stick were definitely a crowd favorite... they were SO good. You dip a marshmellow in semi-sweet melted chocolate chips and then tip them into graham cracker crumbs. After they cool down I stabbed each one with a pretzel stick. The cupcakes again are just killing me. I got these toppers from Sweet Estelle's Baking Supply as well and then spray painted them gold. 


This little guy is from World Market as well... The green and blue mushrooms are an 80% off steal from Hobby Lobby and they matched the theme perfectly. 


The sweet yellow owl cookies are precious- they were the perfect party treat and went so well with the theme! The host of the party supplied those cuties!


The paper straws are from Sweet Estelle's Baking Supply too... love them. The gold antlers and tin are both spray painted Hobby Lobby finds as well! 


and here we are... I was so happy the way everything turned out and Nene loved it all! We cannot WAIT for baby Raleigh to arrive! 


More to come on baby Raleigh and his friends of the forest nursery! I cannot wait to share my progress!
Have a wonderful day abode lovers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top