Hello and good morning abode lovers! In case you noticed, I have a new e-design services tab at the top of my blog. I will be offering details around this new service in the next week or so... I will keep you guys posted!

Speaking of design services, I am so excited to share a new project with all of you! I am currently in the process of creating a master bedroom for my dear friends Landon & Kelli. Some of you may remember them from a long time ago (a year ago to be exact) from their design boards for their living room.

I spoke with Kelli last night about the direction I am taking with her space and she loved it- hooray! There are always a few kinks to work out- but Kelli and I have known each other long enough for me to take the style she loves and run with it!

Here are Landon & Kelli's design boards: (for all sources visit Kelli & Landon's pinterest board)

Here is the bed situation: when creating their living room a year ago, we went ahead and picked out the bedding for her master bedroom-- so the quilt, duvet, sheets and decorative throw pillow have already been purchased and are currently living in Landon & Kelli's abode. The bed will be something new as well as the gold sconces & chandelier option. Since I knew the colors and the feel of the bedding I knew just what bed I should choose... Kelli and I had considered a tufted sleigh bed, but I feel like this bed has so much more drama packed into one piece that I just had to try and talk her into changing her mind... I have to live vicariously through my clients, after all... I only have ONE master bedroom and SO many ideas!!!! 



Here is a closer look at the details of this show-stopping bed... get ready to drool, big time. (Kelli & Landon's fabric will be the Army Duck, Fog)




Here is what I'm thinking for the space: The wallpaper was a must. It's a gorgeous brown tone with a metallic tree pattern on top. I loved the drama of creating this pattern behind the bed and I also LOVE how glamorous a space can feel when metallics are combined with other finishes. The remaining 3 walls will be painted a misty gray that will echo the gray of the linen duvet. The deep yellow sitting chair adds a punch of luxury and comfort with the tufting and young fabric choice. I am currently LOVING the Serena & Lily upholstery fabrics and knew that this golden tone would be perfect for this space.  I added a 5 foot doily shaped area rug to ground the corner of the room. The side tables are different, which I am a major fan of.... they give the bedroom more life and a sense of the "his and her" role that takes place in the space as well as giving the room a collected/eclectic feel. The small set of 5 Suzanne Kasler antlers above the bed have the same organic feel of the wallpaper and I love the rustic and charming look that they give the space. The gold swing-arm wall lamps give this room a custom feel-- I love what sconces can do for a bedroom... they free up SO much space on bedside tables and are perfect for late night reading sessions, love that!


Here is the other side of the room (in front of the bed). Here again is another deep yellow Serena & Lily chair... I figure that since they will have a pair they can shift them around their house for years to come. The wood and antique mirrored dresser have so much personality and they mirror the same color story of the wallpaper. The wood has been cerused which means white pigment has been applied to the wood so that the wood grain would stand out. This look is very cool, soft and pretty. The Robert Abbey Delta lamp in Petal is the perfect peachy color to add a little femininity to this side of the room without going overboard. The art above the dresser was discovered while snooping around for inspiration over at The Good Stuff... they are SO gorgeous, a great price, and they are the PERFECT color combination for this master bedroom!


So, what do we think? Who else is wishing that this was their master bedroom? I sure am. Hope everyone has a great Thursday, and thank you to EVERYONE who had such sweet things to say about my Southern Flourish debut!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top