Hello abode lovers! I know, I know... it's been a WEEK since we have last connected. I have had a crazy week-- I have been driving all over the south and am so happy to be sitting in my sweet abode hugging on Lady, King and Mister Husband! 

As some of you may know, I was recently featured on Southern Flourish's fabulous online magazine, hooray! When I was contacted about this great opportunity I knew immediately who I wanted to come over to shoot my abode-- Eric Chapman. Here are a few out takes that didn't make the magazine but that I love!


Here is one of my favorite places in the abode.... the hallway. Read here for my tell-all about painting those damn stripes. I adore the combination of photos, paintings and little pieces I've found along the way. All of the paintings are mine- it's really nice to be able to create art for our home, and the fact that I can create it for myself makes it CHEAP!


These chair paintings were created just for this space... I handpicked the colors I wanted to bring to this gallery wall to liven it up a bit. The painting above it is from a series I did around dried petals and leaves. 


The little dog on the end is also my painting... and yes, that dog is wearing clothes. I like the whimsy it brings to this cluster! I love mixing gold and silver, it really brings a collected feeling and a rich look to this mix of objects. 


And here are Eric Chapman's photos of my kitchen. I repainted ALL of those cabinets myself-- whew, what a freaking project that was. We replaced the skank brown countertops with granite and Colonel Dad and I spent HOURS in this space ripping out the old backsplash and replacing them with these gorgeous moroccan shaped tiles that I snagged on Overstock!


Here is a detail shot of the island. The antique corbels are a semi-new addition that I still LOVE. I also am still obsessed with my ultra-deep farmhouse sink and faucet that I also snagged on the super cheap from Overstock. 



I love this photo... my tile is the star in this shot! This also makes me want a beautiful roman shade with amazing fabric.... hmmm...... 


Here is the mirror wall that we added to the dining nook.... I love how much natural light bounces off this wall. I also love how much bigger it makes this space feel. 


I hope all of you abode lovers have a fabulous Tuesday-- I will fill you in on what I did last week as soon as possible! It's super fun. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top