Hello and happy Wednesday abode lovers! So, I have got the beach on my brain... "why?" you ask? Well, because Mister Husband and myself are gearing up for a weekend beach trip with the whole fam... (minus Colonel Dad... he's off being a Colonel for 2 months in Guam... boo, I guess the son-in-laws will  be working the grill all weekend!) Anyway- our mini getaway has gotten me in the beachy spirit and these images are PERFECT for any beach abode.... 

I know this space has been circulating the blogosphere here lately... but it's simply amazing! My grandfather made a strip canoe for me when I graduated from high school and it's the most beautiful piece of art... I am waiting to have a ceiling that comes to a point so that I can suspend that beauty just like this! I also really love, love the little bench at the end of the bed... the pattern is to die for and the pops of green really make this space feel young and fresh!


This chandy would work so beautifully in a beach abode without feeling too over-the-top "beach theme." I also love the image of the bathroom... the wall art sand dollars are presented in such a modern way that I really love the look it gives this bathroom. 


This room feels so relaxed... I could crawl in that bed and not leave for hours. I  love the soft color story of this space with the pop of strong and bright blues!


I am loving these birch trunks... give me a break. They give this entry so much personality and really break up all of the geometric shapes of the windows and wall planks with a soft organic feel. I love that the walls are colorless with the color being played out on the trim and window panes.... what a gorgeous way to mix things up.  


I am crazy about this floor to ceiling, wall-to-wall shallow shelving. You could do SO much with this little bathroom! The seashells work for a beach abode, but I can see artwork and mirrors lining these walls... oh my, it could be SO beautiful! I love the warmth of the brass in this space... perfection!  


I love, love this space. My favorite part is definitely the rug, without that, the room lacks excitement and a touch of youth! The bold pattern and color are so unexpected- I love the way that this rug works with the neutral color palette and the rustic warmth of the ceiling beams.    

This kitchen feels so cozy and comfortable. It's full of light- and that's exactly what I would want if I had a beach abode.

I love these wooden planked stairs... it's such a fresh look with all of the natural light and all of the white trim, walls and white framed artwork.


Holy gorgeousness.... how do I get a hallway ceiling like this in my abode? Anyone? Anyone? 


This kitchen is perfection. I am all about some wall-to-wall white subway tile, and I'm even crazier about the cabinets that are framed in glass. There is so much light being pulled through all of the shelving... it makes this space feel so lovely and airy. While I love the warmth of the island, I wish it were a slightly more distressed wood-- but man, is this kitchen amazing!


This is Meg Ryan's beach abode. I love the rich and completely unexpected purple in this space. I like that there is some contrast going on in this space-- and the lack of pale blue is a nice departure from the standard "beach" look. 


These walls feel like a beach to me... I love all of the neutral tones in this space with the pop of shiny, black leather tufts to give it a little edge. If I had a beach abode-- I think I would take this approach!


Hello beautiful suzani golden gorgeousness.... I mean, wowwie zowwie. I am pretty much adoring this color combination-- I love the lavender throw at the end of the bed and all of the white surrounding such beautiful bedding. 


This is pretty beachy, I know. But I really love this table and the chairs surrounding. I would personally love to see an antique golden chandelier with crystals dripping off of every arm, but hey-- I like glamour (even at the beach)

Check out my pinterest for the photo sources.

I hope all of you abode lovers have a beautiful and inspired Wednesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top