Hello abode lovers! Long time no see, hu!?! I know, I know... I left ya hanging there for quite a while over the holidays. I took a much needed break from everything that would require me sitting in front of the computer, even emails. SORRY to everyone that has had questions for me, I literally just needed to get as far away from technology as possible for a week or so! And now I feel completely refreshed and ready to face the blog world... and 2012. Here's hoping it's not the end... those blasted Mayans have me a bit worried... can you tell I've been watching too much tv?

Anyhow, back to the good stuff, inspiring images of yummy abodes.... Lately, I have been paying a lot of attention to bamboo shades. Yep. That's right. We have white blinds all over our abode (they were installed by the previous owners) and while they do function, I've just never been a fan of white blinds... I think they can be a bit skank. Or maybe I've just been brainwashed by these beautiful images of roman bamboo shades....

Check out these windows and how darn pretty bamboo shades can be!

This space is gorgeous. I love the black, white and brown combination. Don't you just love the layered look of the windows? The shiny brass rod and drapery rings add just the right amount of glamour to this rustic space. 


I'm not crazy about the yellowy-tint of these roman shades, but again, I just love the layered look that it creates. Also, I always love a floor to ceiling gallery wall. 


These roman shades are pretty spectacular. Not only is the color of the bamboo so, so pretty and oh-so-natural... but black, velvet ribbon has been adhered to the shades to elongate the windows and add a bit of a graphic flare to the windows.


Isn't this a lovely little nook? 


I am crazy about this bedroom. The layered whites are so soft and pretty and I love how the rug and the bamboo shades add the perfect amount of natural warmth to the space.  

Look at this sweet kiddo room. The layered drapes and bamboo shades add a layer of sophistication to this young and playful space.


I LOVE this banquette... tufted and covered in gorgeous pillows. I also love the two lanterns and tiny sconces! And of course... the bamboo shades fit in perfectly with this space.  


Another great oversized lantern paired with a lovely bamboo shade... I also really love the unexpected pop of bright yellow in this space.  


Lovely bright and layered look-- 


geeze... this post is really supposed to be about bamboo shades... not lantern lighting. Oh well. Here again... natural rug, natural bamboo shades and lovely layers of cream and white throughout the space. 


I've always loved this dining space. The wooded chandy is so sweet, I love that it's topped with little circular bulbs. The clean, white chair covers with the monogram are such a great personal touch. The gray table is to die for... look at those legs! And of course, the bamboo shade adds the perfect amount of richness and contrast to this light and bright space. 


I hope all of you abode lovers have had an amazing holiday season, I think this year is going to be exciting and full of beautiful abodes! Have a great Tuesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top