Happy Thursday abode lovers! Guess where I am writing this blog post? MY SOFA! That's right abode lovers, I got a laptop! My iMac has served me very well the past few years, but my Super Mom and Colonel Dad decided to surprise me this Christmas with the most amazing gift! It was Christmas Evening and my family had been finished with presents for hours and we were getting ready for dinner. My parents brought out one more gift for me in a little box... I opened the gift certificate for my very own PowerBook.... I cried. I am still completely overwhelmed with emotion over my parents consistent generosity. I am now able to work anywhere... I am so thrilled that I will no longer be chained to my desk! I had a laptop in college but I dropped it while crutching around with a broken leg and attempting to carry my computer at the same time... Ever since I dropped it, it just wasn't the same!

Thanks again Super Mom and Colonel Dad... my life is now mobile, thanks to ya'll!

Here is Lady and King checking out the new loot... this baby finally arrived today and I couldn't be more excited!


best. gift. ever.



As a professional graphic designer, I so appreciate Apple making the experience of opening a box so special. Hello beautiful design...


And speaking of Christmas loot... remember this post I did about a beautiful tray that Super Mom got me?? I was giving you a sneak peek... well abode lovers, peek no more. Are you wondering why the heck the freaking thing isn't hanging on the wall??? 


It's because these blasted sticky things didn't work. Boo. I had high hopes. I will now be taking more desperate measures to get this baby hung on my wall... I will be visiting the fine folks over at Lowes this weekend to see if they can help me out with some heavy duty hooks.... Do any of you abode lovers have any tips for hanging heavy platters on the wall??? 


And last but not least.... this little gem was also given to me this Christmas. My Super Mom painted my late Great Grammy Nola's abode in Madison, Wisconsin years ago... She ran across the painting a few months ago and gave me a print to hang in my abode. It is SO special to me. Isn't is beautiful? (I know the quality of the photo isn't great... I'll share more later!) That Super Mom really knows how to give a gift! I can't wait to decide where to hang this beautiful watercolor print. 


So- are you jealous? I know, I know... I really did well this Christmas! I hope all of you abode lovers have a wonderful Thursday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top