Hello abode lovers and happy Thursday!
So, my Super Mom is looking to add a built in daybed in 2 places in her abode. She still has kids at home, but she is gaining grandchildren quickly! So, she's looking to make "bunk rooms" where she can stash more than one grandkid to a room... make sense? I have been DYING for her to add a true bunk room... but for now she is only committing to daybeds with trundles. I'm thinking with more grandchildren, she'll revisit the idea of a true bunk room, but for now, daybeds it is!

I told Super Mom I would look around for a few good examples of beautiful built in daybeds and this is what I came up with:

I have always loved this space. I adore the bold color combination of teal and hot pink done in a very classic way using toile and classic silhouette pillows. I love that the bookcases meet the ceiling, it makes this little nook feel so grand. I also really love the lighting. It really creates a very custom feel. 


This space is similar to what my Super Mom will be working with... She has a large window in a nook that's the PERFECT size for a twin size bed. I love the simple, industrial style lighting and the wainscoting that wraps around this little daybed. 


Fancy Shmancy. This is a daybed for grown ups... Again, I adore that lighting and I also love that the portion of the wall behind the daybed has been painted a deep black matte-- this makes that space recede, which to me, makes the whole daybed portion of this room feel more dramatic. I also love how the built in floor to ceiling bookshelves bridge over the daybed... gorgeous!


This is a bit longer than a standard daybed, but you could certainly stash a few sleeping kiddos on that gorgeous window seat/bed area! Again, I love the floor to ceiling built ins and I also love the side to side roman shades trimmed out in red... this room is precious and perfect for kid play! 


Another grown up nook... I love how the inside walls contain books, lighting and a ledge that acts as a nightstand. Wouldn't you love to curl up here and take a nap?


I love the use of space on this little landing. I also love all of the white paneling, those gorgeous lanterns  and the quirky mix of eclectic patterns on the daybed and it's pillows. 


This built in daybed is so yummy and cozy! I love the color of the wall to wall wood paneling and I also love the fact that the casing for the daybed has been painted white. It's a nice contrast and really makes this sweet, little bed stand out.  


This is another one of those spaces that I've loved for a long time. I love the grasscloth wallpaper and those wrap around, floor to ceiling built in cabinets and shelving. The gold hardware is an unexpected touch of glamour and sophistication in this kid room, and the fabric used on the roman shade OWNS me. The deep blue upholstered daybed trimmed in kelly green is topped off perfectly with monogramed shams... LOVE this space! 


This daybed situation is far more "sofa-like" than the other daybeds we've discussed, but I loved this space too much not to share it! Don't you just love the rustic quality of this little nook? 


This very equestrian-like nook is so rich and super interesting. I love the deep, dark wood in this little nook. It's amazing how open it still feels with all of the paneling, but I think that's all thanks to the stark white ceiling and creamy bedding. Don't you just love that gorgeous window? It's so special and makes this little nook sing!


Wow-- that's a lot of daybeds! I think, like my Super Mom's space, this room is meant to stash a whole lot of grandkids! I love that daybeds can double as seating during the day, which turns this bedroom more into a play room while the sun is out. 


Another gorgeous built in daybed with wrap around, floor to ceiling shelving and perfectly placed lighting. I don't think I can get sick of this gorgeous arrangement! 


I am LOVING all of the storage in this little space! The bed is quite a bit higher than the typical daybed, but I LOVE that! It allows for a level of drawers for storage AND a trundle bed! Why choose between the two when you can have both so beautifully?!? This may be one of my favorite built in daybeds of the day!


So, anyone else jonesing for a built in daybed now?? I'm lucky, I'll just live vicariously through Super Mom's daybeds in her lovely abode! I hope all of you abode lovers have a great Thursday, we're ALMOST to the weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top