That's right Abode Lovers! The trunk is for the Man Mountain! I took a little jaunt down to Restoration Hardware about 2 weeks ago and stumbled across this trunk that I've been obsessed with for months... it was on sale. Not only was it on sale, but I had just received the HUGE RH catalog and inside those gorgeous pages was a golden ticket... 10% off all sale furniture. So-- what else was I supposed to do? Just stand there... golden ticket in hand and let the sale pass me by?? Nope, no way- I refuse to sit on the sidelines of my decorating life (especially when you get 12 months no interest on your RH card...).  I have been pondering this coffee table situation for almost a year- so I was well researched in options and prices... but it was a tad unexpected (especially when I received it so quickly! As I mentioned yesterday, I was told it could be MONTHS until it's arrival....) Anyway, it's here, and I'm beyond happy with my semi-expected splurge!

Here is the trunk- in all it's gold and silver glory... and here are all of the reasons I love it in this space.

Here is a reminder of what I had before.... The ottoman was fine I guess... but I have dreamed of getting a lighter piece that sits lower to the ground so that it's a more comfortable height compared to the sofa. The dark, chocolate brown leather ottoman felt really heavy in the space- especially once I painted the cream and white stripes. I knew I would have to find something new-- So, I have been going back and forth for months about whether to get something made of wood that's rustic, like a brickmakers table-- OR a trunk. As you can see.... I picked TRUNK!!!

Here is a before, before shot of the Man Mountain... the ottoman didn't seem too heavy in this space-- but back then it was pretty skank-- way, way too dark-- I mean, how much brown can you fit into one space??? Thank goodness for vibrant area rugs and paint!

Here are a few of it's glamour shots via Restoration Hardware!


Check out these gorgeous details...



Here is a view from the top. I love the "orangey" twig/coral bowl- but the jury's still out on what else should permanently live on top of the trunk.
Here is another great reason that I love this piece... hello storage! There are two super-deep drawers on either side of the trunk that are perfect for stashing extra blankets, magazines, or junk... for the trunk.
Another reason I really wanted THIS particular trunk, was the fact that it mixes a silver and brass finish... very glam.  Here are a few items that compliment the finishes and other colors in the space.

Anthropologie knobs.... with brass finished faces.

The drapes are a golden velvet (via World Market with an addition of a few yards of fabric from Calico Corners)-- I loved bringing brassy-gold into this space with fabric as well- I feel like it acts as a bridge between the bright Auburn orange rug and the cream and white stripes. I also went with a brass finished drapery rod and finials from Pottery Barn.
This old crate mixes perfectly with the trunk's aviator style. The curved brass and mirror end table was  a steal from Pier 1(I got 3 of these for under $40 a few years ago!) --  I love how these two pieces work together!
The hardware on the desk is also brass... and let's not forget the new PB brass lamp and the all-importanat Restoration Hardware Aviator Chair.... 
This image is from a post earlier this month... check out tips for hanging gallery walls here!

I hope all of you are as exited about this change as I am... it's not every day that you get a super hefty new piece of furniture! Tuesday-Trunk-Day was truly a success at the abode!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top