I hope all of my lovely abode lovers had a fabulous holiday season... I had a GREAT Christmas and super low-key new years... Mr. Husband and I cleaned (kind of, well he did... a little) but mostly slept and relaxed around the abode- it's JUST what we needed to prepare for 2011. 

My older sister, Nene announced that she is PREGGERS to the whole family this Christmas- I am SUPER excited... I already have a nursery design in the works! More on that later...

For now, I would like the ring in the new year with a few beautiful images to get your creative juices flowing... Here is an apartment in NYC designed by Iain Halliday via Elle Decor- enjoy!

I am love, loving all of the bold pattern in this space! The kelly green ikat chairs are to die for, especially paired with the bold navy and white rug and the striped pillows on the sofa. I really love the pop or red-orange in the right corner- it's amazing what a few throw pillows can do for a space!
 I love the photograph in this image- it's HUGE, and full of vibrant color... 
 modern, and pretty fabulous kitchen- LOVE the horizontal tile backsplash- soft and pretty!
 deep purple VELVET wall... how fantastic... why not have your headboard take over your entire wall!?! I also really love the artwork in this space- it's young, fresh and completely unexpected in this space that is so full of dark, sleepy colors. This space feels rich, rich, rich!
 so glamourous... the deep blue wallpaper- the oversized gaudy gold mirror and check out the chandelier in the reflection.... gorgeous!
 Anyone who follows my blog knows that I LOOOVE a mirrored wall... it bounces around natural light and makes ANY space feel MUCH larger than it really is! It's what I refer to as "faux square footage"-- Check out my mirror wall here!
Have a great start to the first full work week of 2011!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top