So, I know that I promised I would post about my NEW FURNITURE on Saturday- but I had to wait-- I had quite a weekend and just couldn't get it together to get photos taken! Anyhow, here they are... the long awaited Restoration Hardware upholstered items have arrived! I went to the grocery store last week and picked up a can of scotch guard, knowing that somewhere in the future, I would have a pretty little creamy, white chair sitting in my living room- but was expecting mid-February as my arrival time... so, I think that by purchasing the Scotch Guard, I willed my chairs to arrive... you know, "If you build it, they will come," right? And here they are!

Remember, this is what I had before...
the leather slipper chairs seem mighty heavy now in the space-- so glad that I got something a bit more "dainty"
And remember this? This was part of my post that was describing my new items and where they would be located- 
Can you say "Power Couple?"
From my earlier post: I feel like I should have a beautiful chair wedding at the abode. I mean, she's dressed in white, beautiful, petite and charming. And he stands large, masculine and in the perfect shade of gray- I think I will do that! So- Save the Date... the chair+chaise wedding will be the highlight of the abode's year that's for sure! Maybe I could wear one of my old bridesmaid dresses... why not? What else am I going to do with all of them?


So- I know you all want to know if I have been wearing a bridesmaid dress all weekend, and well... no, my 8 bridesmaid dresses have hung in my closet all weekend long. I did however, purchase a pair of sweater material "booties" from Target and I have not taken them off my feet the entire weekend... Does that count? 
I am loving my anthropologie lamp shade with my new chairs-- love, love, love!
Here is the groom of the abode.... He's much better for lounging and watching tv than the old chairs. I also really love the color- I remember the swatch being a bit darker, but I am pretty much in love with the color gray of this piece.
And here is the pretty little bride of the abode.... this chair is beyond comfortable, the cushions are SO wonderfully plush- 
 ta-da!


So- I hope everyone had a great weekend... now, back to work, it's Monday abode lovers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top