WAR EAGLE!!! After months and months of Auburn football, and a weekend of being snowed in, in Alabama at my parent's abode, it's all over. And yup, we are the champions! So- what do I have to celebrate this momentous occasion? Man Mountain room updates of course! 


Here is was before...


That's right... Mr. Husband and his friend Lando hung the TV! hooray! It looks SO much better! 

For Christmas, Mr.Hubbs received vintage Auburn program covers framed from his loving wifey... :) I also framed a pair of tickets from this seasons AU/UGA game, and a Sugar Bowl ticket from years ago. Mr. Husband also gifted a few AU treasures as well... I framed 3 1985 Iron Bowl tickets (the first Iron Bowl played in Auburn) from when Mr.Hubbs was just a little tike! His dad took he and his brother to watch the Tigers play- so each guy got a ticket-- so awesome, the tickets used to be HUGE and like little pieces of art themselves! 

But the STAR of this Christmas at my parent's abode was Cam Newton- people received jerseys, signed photographs and other fun auburn things. BUT- the biggest thrill of the day was opening a print from my mom. Everyone got one... we all opened them at the same time (my mom loves The Family Stone) and I was the first to notice the signature on the Auburn print. My unbelievably talented mother, who is primarily an aviation artist, had painted a scene from the Iron Bowl and had made prints for all of the kids... I was in tears. I could not believe that my mom pulled something like that off without anyone knowing! My dad was shocked and in complete awe of his talented lady... it was an amazing moment. My mom framed the original for my dad, but this is our print (Mr.Hubbs and mine)... check this out... 


There are only 20... I got the #2 as I am the second born daughter in the family. For all of you AU fans, I'm sorry, but this print is not for sale, it was painted and printed by my mom with family in mind....
Lucky us! 


So, would you like a few tips for hanging clusters of frames on the wall? I have tried a few different ways, but I think this way is the easiest! 

First, measure the space of the wall you would like to cover. Then start laying out your artwork and frames until you come up with a cluster that you are satisfied with.  


Then, use roll out paper (I used left over Christmas wrapping paper) and start tracing each frame. Cut them out so that you can move them around easily.

Here are all of my cut-outs!
Then I used painters tape to arrange and measure out the pieces on the wall.
Then, time to hang! I really like this grouping, I have room to grow on the wall as well... I am thinking that we will have to add a few images from the National Championship game... woohoo!

So- do you notice anything else hanging around that's new? Well- the lamp shade is a newbie (Anthropologie) as well as the floor lamp (Pottery Barn). Anyone notice the fabulous little white ceramic Tiger??? Well, that little guy is from Homegoods (I call this Homegoods steal: dos!) ($12.99)

Read about this great buy from Wisteria on this Pillow Parade post... I really wanted a lamp on this side of the room, and the small lamp and side table wasn't working for me. I really love this PB floor lamp because it is adjustable! I also really liked the brass finish in contrast to the aviator chair.
 I hope you all have been having a wonderful week! and War Eagle from my abode to yours! And no worries Abode Lovers, I will ease up on the football talk in the next post! ha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top