Happy Thursday abode lovers! I am SO excited to have my first guest blog post from my dear friend and blogger extraordinaire, Katie Beth Owens from The Good Stuff. Not only is KB (as I like to call her) a fabulous and super sweet gal, she's a coworker of mine and I got to see her wedding come to life right before my eyes! I got to see color schemes come together, the dress of her dreams be purchased and I got to drool over her wedding invites before they were signed, sealed and delivered! We are both graphic designers by day, and we both share a deep love for wedding invitations and abodes by night! So please give a warm welcome to sweet Katie Beth... her wedding was perfectly amazing and I am so excited to share it with all of you!


Hello abode lovers! I am excited to share my wedding photos with you today. Heidi and Julia of Our Labor of Love did an amazing job focusing on the tiny details I created and capturing the charismatic atmosphere of the weekend. Our wedding was extremely "hands-on" and I owe a lot of the credit to my wonderful family for pursuing my dream wedding. 


With the wedding being in February, I chose a variety of saturated, neutral tones to complement the winter season. Along with browns, grays, creams, and sage, I wanted to use a lot of natural elements like cotton bolls, wood, burlap, and candle light. Here are some of my favorite details shots before the ceremony.






I hand addressed and designed my entire invitation suite. It was a big job, but it turned out great and I am so glad I stuck with it. Please visit my blog to check out more of my custom invitation designs. 


Brandon and I got married February, 26th in the small, quaint town of Eufaula, Alabama. It was the unusually warm and sunny weather that paved the way for these romantic photos behind the old jail near the lake. I picked this location for the beautiful oak trees and never-ending moss for our first look pictures.





















After we cooled our nerves and relaxed, we met the wedding party at an old train depot behind the church. The rustic, industrial brick building paired with the golden sunset created some amazing photos. The bridesmaids wore an array of strapless dresses from JCrew in the same natural tones of the wedding.


















Next up, the ceremony! We chose a 6 p.m. ceremony to allow the candle light to be visible and provide a natural, warm glow. We lined the stairs to the sanctuary, stained glass windows, and alter with tea lights to illuminate the sanctuary and church. We left the church under a shower of confetti and arrived at the reception in a deep blue 1946 Dodge.


















And, my favorite part of the day -- the reception. It was held under a tent behind the Shorter Mansion in the historic district. Like I mentioned, the entire day was a family affair (with the wonderful help from our florist, Selena Bond) and it all truly shined at the reception. 


I wanted to create 2 atmospheres: one for dining, and one for drinking and dancing. My Dad constructed these rustic mason jar chandeliers that hung above each dining table with tea lights. The tables were decorated with burlap runners, center cuts of wood, candles, and vintage jars filled with dainty flowers and cotton bolls.  We strung vintage bulb lights with paper lanterns across a black and white checkered dance floor. I could not of been happier with the outcome!





































As you can tell, we had a blast dancing! Brandon and I could not have had a more perfect wedding day. It was everything we imagined and more! Thanks for re-living February 26th with me and I hope you enjoyed it just as much as me! Also, if you are interested in your own mason jar chandelier, please feel free to visit my blog and contact me! Cheers!

See, I told you.... this wedding was simply fabulous! Have an amazing day abode lovers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top