Hello again and Happy Friday abode lovers! I just wanted to let all of you know that I have added tabs to the top of my blog featuring different rooms in my abode! I took several new photos of my living room and wanted to share them with all of you! Check out my new tabs- I'm pretty proud of them!



The piece that lies behind the chairs is built from reclaimed wood and an old glass paned door. The swan is a prized possession of mine, my Grandpa hand carved it and painted it as a wedding gift for me, isn't it gorgeous!? The swan was so fitting for the occasion. It's wedding month here at abode love... and this is one PRECIOUS wedding gift that I will treasure for the rest of my life.


These two little finds are from TJ Maxx... I love this dried coral- it brings in the yellow that is repeated throughout the space, and the cement horse head was a super special find, I love it.


This little table was on clearance at Pier 1 a few years back for $39- it's a knock off... I just saw an identical piece in JLo's home (I don't think she snagged it from Pier 1!) Lucky me! (Sidenote: I also snagged that twisty wood from Homegoods!)



I snatched up this convex mirror from a local antique store in Birmingham for around $30 and I painted the white and gray accents.



I am a lover of Anthropologie lampshades and pillows... can you tell?


There's nothing like a great pillow to bring color and life into a space!



I filled this candelabra from Anthropologie with tangerine, pale yellow and tones of gray candles from At Home in Homewood, AL.  I love the pop of color that it gives to a corner of the room that wouldn't normally be of interest. I also am still loving the oversized shell trend.... I don't think this look will be going out of style anytime soon!


I love the undulating lines of this piece and the softness that it brings to the space.


Here are a few close ups of my rustic Summer Classics china cabinet. The american flag that you see on the top shelf was a gift from Colonel Dad a few Christmases ago. He made the display case and this particular flag flew with him in Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2003. It's a piece that is very dear to my heart.



The Lladro piece in the photo below was used as our wedding cake topper... (another wedding reference, it's wedding month! have I mentioned that?) The champagne flutes behind the bride and groom were given to us by my mom the night we got engaged! They're Vera Wang for Wedgwood. The artwork behind both images were pieces that I painted my freshman year at Auburn University. 


more wedding gifts that I love...


I love, love this print- it's beautiful! It's one of my favorite wedding gifts!


Again, Happy Friday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top