Hello abode lovers! Now it's time to party... its Wednesday, and we're going to relive the party of a lifetime, AKA Our Reception! There were SO many little details that I wanted to share with you that this long stream of photos is a tad embarrassing.... Here we go!

This image was a photo from our engagement shoot, we had all of our guests sign it as they came into the reception and it's currently living in our hallway at the abode. 


Once again, my mom is incredible... She hand made these McTable runners they're all over the place. The "Mc" with the four leaf clover was designed by me and was used as our monogram on invitations and such.... 



Nothing like trays of champagne with floating raspberries to get the evening started...


This cake topper was my mom and Colonel Dads from their wedding almost 30 years ago... I loved having this little treasure at our reception!





The menus were also designed by me... The "Mc" is in a banner draped in Laurel leaves- so fitting right?



Goodness I loved these.... 



We strung every crystal dangling from the branches... they're actually Christmas ornaments via Pottery Barn. These pretty sparkles hang on our Christmas tree every year now, it's so fun to have little keepsakes from our wedding all over our abode!


Some of you may recognize these gorgeous silver urns (Mine are currently sitting on top of my mantle)-- My mom snagged them on sale at Pottery Barn and purchased a pair for herself, me and Nene as Christmas gifts. She knew that they would be PERFECT going down the center table at our reception (as well as being GREAT Christmas gifts!) -- she was right. 


My mom also did the calligraphy on EVERYTHING... I told you- she can do it all! I designed the cards along with the small "McCrest"


I love this photo and thought I would share it with all of you... we look totally ticked off. Furious actually. But we weren't... we were blissfully happy, I swear! This was during cocktail hour- Mister Hubbs and I got to share a little private time together before dinner was served. We got to taste all of the hors d' oeuvres and SIT for a few minutes together. We were giddy during this time, and I still have NO idea how this image was captured... hilarious.



Oh the cake topper.... thank you Ebay for this fabulous Lladro keepsake! I was SO happy to have snagged this great find on Ebay and have it proudly displayed in my china cabinet. My mom received several Lladro pieces from my grandmother, Gage (pronounced Gagee), growing up and I always thought that they were so beautiful and precious. I knew for sure that I wanted one of these beauties to sit on top of my wedding cake one day.


Huge, huge white chocolate curl wedding cake... I love these detail shots.I wanted something large in scale for the drama but I really wanted a simple silhouette with an all over texture that felt glamorous. I knew exactly what I wanted and Edgars Bakery in Birmingham, AL was responsible for making my huge curly, frothy cake a reality and they did a great job!








It was delicious! (and was still delicious a year later!)


Goodness... that bouquet was beautiful. I had a mix of white peony, white ranunculus and white roses. I truly adored this bouquet. There were also small touches of white feathers at the base to give it a soft edge.... 



another fabulous McSash thanks to my Mom...


My mom and I saw this fabric ceiling treatment in a magazine and decided it would be perfect to section off the dance floor and bring some drama to that side of the ballroom. Doesn't the Colonel look so handsome in his uniform? We're dancing to Landslide, Fleetwood Mac.



Mister Husband dancing with his mom...







Silver and white candy to go....


I designed these pieces as well... 



Colonel Dad making a toast, mom drinking to the occasion!


The best man, Mister Husband's dad.... 


My little brother James (or Jamio, or Cabbie as I like to call him....) He is a dancing machine...



see...


Isn't he just the cutest?


dancing, dancing, dancing!



My sister Nene and her hubbs, Peyton- so sweet!



Mister Husband performing his limbo skillz... under his groomsmen's legs.... 


Mister Husband had that glass stirring stick in his mouth all night... Why didn't I force him to take that out?



still... the stirstick, why?


countdown to the bouquet toss....


stealing a last dance smooch...


Birdseed cones made by my mother in law! Aren't they INCREDIBLE?!




And we're off!


I hope everyone has enjoyed my wedding! I have LOVED sharing all of the details! It's almost been 2 years since we tied the knot and it's been SO much fun digging through these photos!
Have a great Wednesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top