Hello abode lovers! I know it's been a few days since I have posted, Mister Husband celebrated a birthday yesterday AND it was the last day to send out taxes. I now feel like a huge elephant has finally climbed off my shoulders, whew! Anyway, something about the spring air (and my new CB2 catalog) has got my brain on lucite. It's soft, airy, light and super fresh. It's like the Spring of furniture materials.... 

I love the lightness of this space. The lucite table blends  in beautifully with every piece in this room.... can you imagine if a big hunk of furniture was sitting in between those dainty little chairs? Nope. This is perfect. 


Lucite in an entry way is just the way to start off your abode, I love this look. I also adore the fact that there are such modern pieces in this space, but they're all grounded beautifully with the gorgeous antique chandelier dripping with gobbs of crystals, and the traditional, understated area rug. Doesn't this foyer make you want a home tour?


Lucite is the perfect way to make your accessories the star of the show... this image proves that. Those shoes deserve the spotlight and this lucite piece is handing it over without a hint of jealousy. I like that about lucite, it allows other pieces to steal all attention.


Well this is just ridiculously gorgeous. Again, the balance of the super modern lucite pieces juxtaposed against this antiqued mirror with high detail is just the perfect balance!


Lucite with brass hardware, sure, I'll take that gorgeousness. I just LOVE how large this lucite piece is- and how light the space feels because of the transparency of the material. It's a great balance next to the heavy, glossy black leather sofa---


The quietness of this space is so fresh and lovely- Again, can you imagine replacing this desk with anything other than lucite? I think NOT! The transparency allows you to see the gorgeous drapes puddle to the ground without allowing your eye to stop.


Again, I love how the lucite is allowing you to see the beautiful pieces sitting low on the bookshelf... something dense here would have closed up the space, while the lucite allows your eye to take in all of the beautifully styled pieces in these built-ins.


Love all the color in this space- I also love how the lucite brings in a modern and streamlined look without bringing a heaviness to this room.


So pretty. I love the juxtaposition of the rustic wood beams and the modern lucite coffee table... this look is gorgeous!


I think this piece of furniture is spectacular... I LOVE the mix of lucite with another material. Where oh where can I find this stunner???


And here we see it again... lucite is letting the accessories steal the show. 


Again, fabulous lucite coffee table with a rustic wood beamed ceiling.... GREAT combination! I really don't think you can go wrong mixing material opposites like this. I think they make both features stand out in a great way!


So very soft and pretty, lucite just works. 


Have a wonderful Tuesday abode lovers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top