So, as some of you may know, I am a graphic designer by day. I love paper, ink colors, fonts and invitations more  than the average joe. Since it's wedding month, I thought I would share my save the dates and wedding invitations with all of you! (it's also our 2 year anniversary TODAY!) 


Also... if you are interested in any custom design feel free to contact me for pricing!

I made this crest and the Mc monogram to use on our save the dates as well as our invitations. I loved the classic, vintage feel that it gave to the piece. I wanted everyone receiving these save the dates to get a feeling of what the wedding would be like. I wanted a vintage feel with a simple color palette.


We had a ton of out of town guest and wanted to display options early on in the process so that our guest could plan accordingly. I used vintage woodcuts and etchings to play into the vintage feel of the wedding and I also think it makes it fun to look through the piece... the images make it so much more fun and interesting!


The inside of the save the date was simple... I wanted to keep it clean, crisp and modern in the interior. 


I chose a very dreamy photo taken by Stephen Devires for the interior... I loved the feeling that it gives the piece, it's romantic and warm among all of the gray, black and white. 


Here again is a shot of the cover of the save the date, and to the right is a series of invitations, save the date and rehearsal dinner envelopes. We used Frank Sinatra and Bette Davis stamps on all of the pieces to again play up the vintage style of the invites. My super mom did all of the calligraphy for ALL of the save the dates, wedding invitations and rehearsal dinner invitations... she's amazing.... We used black envelopes with white ink, a metallic graphite envelope for the wedding invitations and a black envelope with gold ink for the rehearsal dinner. 


Here is Mister Husband's inside envelope for the wedding invitation. 


This is what you see when you open it... I opted out of using standard tissue and ordered this gorgeous pearlized vellum with swirls made out of different sized dots. I loved this little touch...


Here is the entire set...


Here is the reception card... I used a vintage image again and tied it in with the laurel leaves...


Here is the reply card... there are a lot of scott-irish touches throughout my invitations (it IS the McWedding after all...) there is the use of four leaf clovers as well as this little bagpiper. And yes... there were bagpipes at the wedding... it was spectacular!



and here is the formal wedding invitation... 




I have designed custom wedding invitations for years, along with party invitations and baby announcements. Please let me know if you are interested in any custom design services! Contact me for pricing!

Happy 2 year Anniversary to us! Hope all of you abode lovers have a fantastic Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top