I have been avoiding hanging anything in my kitchen nook... I have big plans for the back wall, but that's not what this blog is about. This blog is about the side walls... particularly the left side wall. Here is a photo of my nook from an earlier post.

So, my master plan is to hang plates. I have always loved the look of hanging plates- they can be classic, and lined up perfectly- or they can be modern and organically shaped. I love when quirky and colorful plates are hung in a classic way- it's a pretty plate pairing that is timeless in it's arrangement, yet youthful in color, pattern or design. 


Check out these bits of inspiration I have been hanging on to for a while... 
both classic arrangements with simple, traditional plates- love.

this is a much younger look- quirky plates in an organic shape- modern.

i like this- but in my space, this overlapping would be a bit much...

wowwie-zowwie! love this fancy dining room... look at those sweet, simple & elegant plate arrangements!







love all of these plates on white... it looks like a gallery installation!




How do you hang plates on a wall? Glad you asked... with one of these contraptions. I like the prongs showing from the front- so I can't wait to use these! I have seen them at Michael's and Hobby Lobby. I am sure that they are not hard to locate! 



So, here are the great plates that I am deciding between. I have placed them on top of the exact color swatch of my wall. Every patterned/colorful plate is from Anthropologie, and the pretty white plates are from Pottery Barn, they are part of the Emma Dinnerware collection. I registered for these when I married Mister Hubbs, so I will not need to purchase them! Which ones do you like best? 













So, which one shall I choose? Anyone? Anyone? As soon as I decide, I will purchase these beauties and walk you through my experience hanging them... Happy Hump day! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top