This is a little sneak peak into my day job... I am a Graphic Designer. I have begun entering contests on minted.com (a custom stationery website) and have been relatively successful. I love a good competition, so it thrills me in a small way. Recently, minted has grown out of control! This is obviously great for minted, and a lot more difficult and competitive for us designers. I have a minted gadget on the right side of my blog... so you can check out my selling items! Here are some of my favorite cards that I have submitted for competitions. Happy Tuesday!

Baptism Invitation/Announcement, currently being sold on minted... check it out!
Baptism Invitation/Announcement, currently being sold on minted...check this one out too!
This invitation was designed for the Real Simple 10th Anniversary. I created lots of different "10" options for this competition... I wanted to win SO bad! Why do you ask? Because it was judged by this fabulous and talented woman:



Janet Froelich is Creative Director of Real Simple. Previously she was Creative Director at The New York Times Magazine and of T: The New York Times Style Magazine. Under her direction, The New York Times Magazines have won more than 60 gold and silver awards from The Art Directors Club, The Society of Publication Designers, and the Society of Newspaper Designers and have been finalists for SPD’s Magazine of the Year Award every year since the award’s inception, winning the award in 1999 and 2007.

Froelich, a recipient of The Art Directors Club Hall of Fame award, is a past member of the board of directors of the Society of Publication Designers, a past president of The New York Chapter of the AIGA and currently serves on the board of The Art Directors Club. She has served on the faculty of The School of Visual Arts graduate and undergraduate design programs.

So... drum roll please... she picked mine! I was the one and only judge's pick. I am so tooting my own horn right now... There were 321 submissions, and my Uplifting Achievements card was chosen to represent Real Simple's 10th Anniversary Celebration. Talk about a good day...

Want to see the other winners? click here!
Here are a few other designs that I entered in the Real Simple challenge.
Here are a few wedding invitations & reply cards from an earlier competition

...and last but not least, this is the latest competition, there are over 1300 submissions in the Christmas competition! If you would like to vote for mine to win, click here!
So, if you love any of these designs, or you share my design taste, then go to minted and order your favorite, or email me!  I can create custom wedding invitations, birthday invites, baptism announcements, logos, books... you name it, I can do it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top