Hello abode lovers and Happy Friday! I know, I've been MIA this week, but I'm back with some great stuff today, AND it's FRIDAY! What does this mean? Well, that this girl, and her Mister Husband, are going to see the HUNGER GAMES tonight! I bought tickets Tuesday and have been waiting like a kid for Christmas for this movie. I absolutely loved reading the Hunger Games series almost a year ago and so did the Mister. If you haven't read this series, I strongly encourage you to do so.... you're missing out. I mean, big time.

So, in honor of the Hunger Games gracing the big screen today-- we're going to talk arrows. Some of you may have noticed that this trend is picking up speed and I think it's definitely thanks to the Hunger Games series. You see, the main character, who is a total bad ass, is a gal with a bow and arrow.... make sense?

Check out these precious arrows. I love them!

Stacey Bradley out of Charleston is a super talented block print artist and her etsy shop, PerlaAnne is full of beautiful black and white images that would work in any space. I love the graphic feel that they give to a room and adore all of her print options. This arrow print is my favorite by far. I love the pairing of the arrows with the feathers... and I LOVE that they're living in such a stylish space. Isn't the gold, gilded frame perfectly unexpected on this pair? 



I mean, I LOVE this. Don't you??? I'm pretty sure Katniss Everdeen would flip over this print. 


This Mid Century Vintage Gold Metal Magazine Rack with Arrow Tips is so charming. I love the gold finish and the delicate arrows that envelope it's contents. It's under $35 and it's one of those timeless pieces that I would just love to have. Wouldn't this be smashing in my living room??? I think so.



These decorative arrows are so cool. I love that they're petite at around 16 inches in length and 1/4 inch in diameter. Stacey Foster, who owns the amazing etsy shop called NativeShop, says the arrows "are for decorative use, shooting them from a bow will most likely make you look like a terrible aim." When I read that, I knew that Stacey was my kind of gal. I think these arrows are so fun and I can think of a million ways to decorate with these pieces. I think you could frame a set of 6 and make a super amazing arrow gallery wall! Stacey offers custom colors/orders, so give her a shout if you're interested on getting your paws on these bad boys!

Oh my... this handmade porcelain arrow mobile is so sweet. I love how raw and organic this piece feels. I think this would be great in a nursery, but would also be sweet in any kids room over a little reading nook. 
This linen arrows block print pillow via Spool and Sparrow Shop is too fun. Julie, the mastermind behind this naturally beautiful etsy shop, really has an eye for great graphic illustrations. You won't be disappointed if you decide to browse her little shop.  


Here is another great arrow piece from Spool and Sparrow, these linen dish cloths would add so much personality to my kitchen. 


 I love these Paper Cut Arrow Notecards! I think the natural outer portion is such a lovely contrast to the pastel interior that you can see coming through the arrow die cut. Ashely Pahl of Ashley Pahl Paper Goods is oober talented. She has a ton of different cut out options. Every item in Ashely's shop is handmade, which is pretty amazing. Go check her out! 


These Wooden Arrow Signs are too cool. They're a great size at 25 inches long and 4.25 inches tall. The Slippin Southern shop offers multiple colors so these arrows could work their way into any space. All of the signs that Slippon Southern Shop offers can also go outdoors thanks to our "Coastal Core" and "Weather Seal" upgrades. I can see these arrows adding a nice punch of color to an outdoor space. One of these arrows could also fill a narrow space beautifully and add a nice graphic element to any space. 
These are all of the color options... I mean, the possibilities are endless! And don't you just love the tone of these colors? I really love that you can still see the grain of the wood, yet somehow the colors are bold and super pigmented.


This letterpresses arrows print from Sycamore Street Press is a great size at 11'x14" and is a really nice, quirky pattern that I could see working beautifully in a multitude of spaces-- I think it would work really well in a  gallery wall setting as well because of the monochromatic color scheme. This piece is so neutral that you could dress it up or dress it down depending on how you want to use it. 


Here is a great detail shot of the letter pressing... love this. I have a true appreciation for the details and this print is ALL about the details... love all of these unique arrows. 


Amy Marcella is another great little etsy shop packed full of amazing artwork. This arrow print is so sweet. Perfect for a little punch of sass in any girls room. I think this would be cool in a girlie office space as well. Amy Marcella also offers this precious print in notecard form here.  


Heart and Arrow Painted Stone Set via River Luna.  This sweet little pairing is a fun and new way to think about decorating with decorative objects. They add a lovely touch to home and work spaces, displayed next to frames, in terrariums or an indoor windowsill garden. I love these little guys!


I wish so badly that I had seen this months ago so that I could have gotten it for Mister Husband to wear to the Hunger Games premiere. He wouldn't do it of course, but I sure would try to make him! I love this Painted Arrow Track Tee.


I realize that this mocking jay print is a bit literal-- but I LOVE this! I think the colors are so pretty and the style of the illustration is so charming and lovely. 

Small Talk Studio has a ton of amazing prints and this Choose Your Own Path print is just one of many inspiring prints that you can purchase. This is such a fun print too... I love the message of "choosing your own path" this would be perfect for a kid room-- but also super inspiring and whimsical for an office space. I've been pinning and re-pinning Small Talk Studios prints for months now-- I think I'm obsessed with this style!


So, if you're going out this weekend to see Katniss kick some tail, you should embrace arrows and make this trend happen somewhere in your own abode. If you haven't read the Hunger Games yet, it's definitely worth picking up... after 2 weeks I was done reading all three books. They are just so good. It's one of those series that Mister Husband isn't embarrassed to claim, so we're super pumped to see the movie! I hope all of you abode lovers have a great weekend & Happy Hunger Games!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top