Happy Tuesday abode lovers! Anyone watching Smash on NBC? Me and my girlfriends are LOVING it and last night was goooood. I am all about some Katherine McPhee, as one of my sweet friends said, she's totally the "girl crush" of the month. And speaking of girl crushes.... anyone else digging a good bust lately? Why am I asking you that? Well, because I've been spotting busts all over the interwebs and have been dying to get my own, amazing bust into the abode! So, I want all of you to check out all of these amazing spaces that are made more interesting and timeless with the use of busts!

Oh yes. This is the first space that I saw where the bust really struck me. As soon as I saw that pretty lady's profile, I decided I HAD to get a lady bust! I think that the styling of this simple, clean bookshelf is flawless. I love all of the whites paired with reds, oranges, and corals. LOVE this. 


This gentleman is so charming. Look at that hat. I mean, hell-o-o. This manly bust is pretty striking! The combination of new and modern verses classic and traditional in this space makes it feel fresh and timeless. 


Isn't this little gal pretty? I think she does a great job of showing off her jewels. I love how petite this bust is, it's such a great statement sitting on top of that glass jewelry box.


Do you see that kind sir sitting on the bookshelf? He is too cute in this feminine space. He seems kind of flirty in there... like he would make sure you had a drink in your hand and a smile on your face. What a great host that little guy seems to be...


Let's be real. This guy looks a bit like a creeper... but I would welcome him with open arms into my abode. Look how interesting he is sitting in that window. I think he and my little jaguar match holder would get along splendidly. 


This is a different kind of bust- it's hanging on the wall, but still super fabulous. I think this pretty lady grounds the entire gallery wall and really allows your eye to rest within the gallery of art. 


The layered quality of all of this beautiful art is stunning. The bust sitting on the bookshelf fits in perfectly to this backdrop and adds a nice pop of 3 dimensional art to this art-rich collage! (I'd also like to grab that bag... wowza!)


That gal is perfect sitting on top of those books- I love that this bust is small and imperfect. 


Here's another pretty bust draped in jewelry. If you've got a bust of a pretty girl like this, draping her with jewels and setting her in a "dressing" area makes perfect sense.


I love this feminine figure in this super dramatic, dark, and rustic space. I feel like the pretty gal and the curves of the large shell add just the right amount of fem to balance out all of the deep, masculine tones in this dining space. Anyone notice the tiny little bust sitting over by the pretty female bust? So precious.


Look at her, or is that a him? It doesn't really matter I guess, it's pretty amazing. I love that it's centered on the nonworking fireplace. It creates a great focal point in this space.


These two girlfriends definitely soften the look of this tv area. I swear, I hate a big, black tv, but THIS is the way to style it! I like how the black lampshade softens the look of the tv by repeating the black into the foreground. I also love the playful objects that lie below the tv, like those two pretty little busts. Love this!


This is such a bright and colorful office space. I have a feeling that working within a space like that allows all kinds of brilliant ideas to blossom! I love the bust on one side of the bookcase and horse bookends on the other- it's a nice break from all of the books! 


That is quite a hat. Wow. I love that gal in the corner. She really adds interest to an otherwise uninteresting corner. I also love how this whole space is monochromatic, using shades of cream and white. It feels so rich, yet light because of all of the layering. Don't you just love that the only color in this space is seen on the bookshelf? I do!


This girl is great. She's checking herself out and I think it's super charming.


This is a bit different than the standard bust, I mean, she's a lamp. But I still love what this figure does for this gorgeous and eclectic vignette. I wouldn't typically think that centering a lamp on a table like this would work, but what can I say, I love lamp, and I think it's perfectly natural that she should be front and center!


Now, get ready abode lovers. I am pretty much obsessed with these busts/planters. 


Where oh WHERE could these work in MY abode!?! I feel like this couple is just too much and I would love for them to live in my humble abode. Perhaps they would work in my bathroom? They are such a statement- and I love quirky items such as these. Perhaps this could go on my wish list for my birthday this summer??? 


You can get this precious pair via Floral Art LA for $300, or $150 for each. 

Well, I hope all of you abode lovers are digging busts as much as I am! Do any of you have any already hanging around your abode? Just curious. I hope all of you have a terrific Tuesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top