I, like all of you Abode Lovers,  love a good campaign style piece of furniture. I have been loving seeing these guys pop up all over the place! Have you been drinking the campaign kool aid? If so, send me photo! I would love to see...

I, however, cannot seem to find one. Not a desk, dresser, side table, buffet, nightstand, blah, blah, blah. Why!? I want the dang kool aid!

I have no clue where I would put it... maybe my foyer? It's still empty... but I know I want one in a bad way. It's like when Britney Spears came out sporting a belly button ring... I wanted one so bad... my dad would not allow me to drink that particular kool aid... but NOTHING should be getting in my way of this obsession! So... where is my campaign furniture hiding? 

Campaign furniture originally was made specifically for travel, being designed in such a way that it could be carried with ease, with either chunky brass handles or dismantled completely to be packed away for long voyages. Interesting, huh?

I have discovered campaign trim and handles... so I will fake it if I must. Here is where you can find them... I think these little suckers placed on top of an easy-to-find parsons style piece would work out nicely... what do you think?


Here are a few images of campaign furniture... yum!
via Lonny Mag... this image is what made me want to drink the kool aid... wow.

I would love, love to find a desk just like this.....
also via Lonny Mag (something like this would be perfect for my foyer too!)

 this amazing makeover comes from Bryn Alexandra

 

 I really love campaign in black and white... both look great with the brass finish.. and the tassels are a must!
this space is pretty much a dream... lovely!
Have a great Friday Abode Lovers! And let me know if you find the kool aid!
 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top