Hello Abode Lovers! So- remember when I had to explain to all of you that the kitchen re-do has been put on hold until I can call dibbs on Colonel Dad? Well... I have bypassed this hurdle and have still managed to make a little headway in the kitchen. I ORDERED NEW HARDWARE!!! I really thought that hardware would be something for the future because of the cost... my total came to $421.95 for the original Anthropolgie pulls and knobs that I had chosen... I mean, wow. I know they are like jewelry for the kitchen (and jewelry is important, very, very important), but I really didn't want to spend that much, at all. So- I am trying something else in hopes that it will be just as fabulous as my original, more expensive pick from Anthro. If I decide I don't like them as much- then I will simply send them back... but my fingers are crossed. I was able to get ALL of the hardware for just over $150.00 with shipping! That is huge! (just think of how many pillows and lampshades I would buy with that small fortune!)


I would love to hear honest opinions on this matter- I will of course take photos when I get them... but what is your reaction, right out of the gate? I am very curious!


original picks (expensive picks!)




and THESE are what I ordered! What are your thoughts? via lookingintheattic.com


and here are a few images of the kitchen... remember?

I have really wanted either white, milk glass knobs, or white ceramic to tie in the backsplash. I really love the soft combination of cream, white and gray- so I am trying to tie the backsplash to the cabinets with the hardware.
and here is a close-up look of the cabinets that I painted... please, ignore the skank basket-weave knobs... they looked fine with the old, dark stone backsplash... but now, they look sad, dark and bland.
Now- I am ALL about honest opinions... but keep in mind that the milk glass selection is about $250.00 less than the anthropologie ceramic pulls... at the same time, we have put so much time, effort and money into this kitchen, what's a few hundred more bucks to finish it with a bang??? 

I will receive the new hardware sometime this week (hopefully) so I will post photos as soon as possible!

I'm looking forward to hearing from all of my Abode Lovers, I need help! Thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top