again... House Beautiful is featuring another beautiful abode that I must blog about. This is the home of Peter Frank, a stylist... and boy, is he stylish! Peter has done work for Pottery Barn, Ralph Lauren, and Garnet Hill. Check it out Abode Lovers....
 "Why the two front doors?" you ask...
Here's why: "This is a big house — the original was a two-family house, with two distinct sides. I basically live on one side of the house, and there's another side that's the "company" side of the house, with a formal living room that I never go into unless I have guests." -Peter Frank
I mean, I would like to have to houses "smooshed" together... one fancy side... one hang out and get messy side... why not!?

I am adoring the symmetry of this wall hangings in the foyer... how lovely... 
Check out the carpet leading up the stairs... awesome, right!? Also... I really love the idea of the ledge here with all of the hooks for coats and hats. The ledge is perfect for displaying ever-changing artwork and photographs... perfect for a stylist!
blue grasscloth... perfect... where oh where can I copy this???
 I like to call this.... the ram chair
that clock is sitting on top of a mini faux fireplace- love it. I also love the chair pairing, they're very sweet sitting side-by-side...
This is a beautiful gray- soft, and warm without being too muddy. 
the pitchers in a line are too sweet- I love the variation in color... just right.
 the contrast in this kitchen is lovely! Check out the painted floors... pretty.
I love a big sink... love all of the natural light pouring into this space... what a dream!
I love that these painted walls mimic the painted floors in the kitchen and dining area... it creates a cohesive feel throughout the abode.
 The mix of patterns is fabulous- also.. check out how many area rugs are in this ONE room! I count 4! 
great art- Peter mentions in the article that he buys art from his artist friends- I love that.  
 some of the stylists' pretty things...
 and here's the brilliant man behind this abode that we love!
Here are some tips straight from Peter's fabulous mouth, "I find rules and guidelines are for the faint-of-heart and basically worthless. When I read lists of "Always do this" and "Never do that," they never make much sense to me. A very good decorator told me that all four legs of a piece of furniture must always sit within an area rug. That's absolutely right, except when it's absolutely wrong. I have both situations in my house, and both are correct."

Great tips... decor rules are for losers. 
Happy Thursday readers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top