I recently had one of my fabulous readers mention that she was looking for new bedding- and asked if I had any ideas... well... here we go!!! (I am a sucker for bedding...) I love mixing different "sets" as I do not like sets at all! I like to mix and match- I think it's more fun and it allows for more colors, textures and unexpected touches! Mixing different sets also allows you to switch trendy pieces with timeless classics-  as well as allowing you to really shop the sales where you may not find the ENTIRE set, maybe just the shams, or maybe just the duvet or quilt!


Here is a bold, graphic option for someone who is looking to make an impact with their bedding. I like that the patterns are fun, but the colors are sophisticated and rich. The different textures on the bed are great- the fur pillow is a lot of fun and screams "soft! comfortable! come lay on me!" While the sheets are soft and warm in color, and super romantic with the calligraphy acting as an organic pattern. This mixture also allows you to take out the Coral Pillows (#3) and switch them with ANY color. Love that!
1.





6.Ruffled Circle Quilt in Platinum


Here is a sweet and sophisticated option for someone looking to make their bedroom look soft, serene and altogether darling. The Duvet from Anthropologie (#3) is organic, and feels frothy and romantic. The sheets are graphic and quite modern in color. I really love the unexpected Citrine Diamond Quilt (#2) from Serena&Lily- this is such a beautiful quilt that creates a bold and graphic pattern in an unexpected cool, limey green. The modern, graphic geometric hot pink pillow was such a fun find for such a soft palette. 


Here is a rich, warm and sophisticated option. I love, love the juxtaposition of the modern, graphic drawings on the shams from Dwell (#3) and the Eliza Organic Duvet from Pottery Barn. This is a modern meets traditional mix that I adore! The horizontal stripes are a beautiful contrast to the Wool Jaquard Pillow from PB. The final touch, the flowered pillow from ZGallerie (#5) is quite a statement- it creates so much texture and interest in this mix!


This last mix is fun and eclectic. Another creamy, frothy Duvet cover sets the mood in this mix... it creates a soft and romantic base for the pops of color to rest against. I really love the brown organic threads that pull through the PB duvet, pleating the fabric as it goes. This piece is lovely! I paired this bed with ANOTHER duvet... yes, two duvets. (I, for one, do not have rules about the way a bed should be made... two duvets is just FINE with me! Leave one at the foot of the bed to act as a throw!) Anyway- this playful duvet is from Target and is full of color! The Chunky gray pillows (#2) give depth to the color palette and bring in another texture. Again- I have featured gray and white stripes, but this time, they're sheets. The Solar Flares Pillows (#3) are throw pillows that I would use as decorative shams. I love, love the romantic cream, pintuck velvet pillow- it's like the cherry on top! Glamorous and timeless!




Hope you have had a fabulous Thursday! The weekend is almost here!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top