Thank you House Beautiful for introducing me to designer, Melissa Rufty! Check out her GORGEOUS home inspired by the vivacious city where she dwells... New Orleans! Melissa's home is full of flirty style and a bit of quirk and soul... lovely, simply lovely!

Also, check out Melissa's website, MMR Interiors... you will recognize TONS of images from her portfolio... what a talent she is!

My favorite thing about this charming breakfast nook, are the orange tapers. They give this traditional space full of antiques life and spunk!
The mirror... the ceiling... the chandelier... the sconce... complete and utter glam. 
the lady in this painting adjusting her shoe is a pink pleated party dress is so fun-- I believe the man behind her is making eyes in her direction... I mean, I would adore this painting. So much life, such amazing use of color. 
 classic.

 Such a light and bright space... lovely light streaming in from the windows... love the use of golden patterns in this living room.
another lovely sitting room... notice how the artwork is hung under the sconces... I like that. Also.. the golden walls tie in nicely with the room above. 


 This is my favorite image from the entire abode... "why" you ask? Well... because that painting paired with the floral wallpaper is awesome. Also... I want to find a floor lamp JUST like that...it's like a little chandelier.
Blue, tufted, rimmed with nailhead designs banquette seating underneath the stairway? yes. I also love the sconces- what a wonderful reading nook!
 tortoise shell on the wall... why didn't I think of that?
I love the slick, white parsons desk paired with such lovely and traditional canopies. Also... I would love to have little closets that open with double doors... because it's fabulous!
and this is the lady with all of the great style! I would like to be her bestie. I'm just sayin'...
Have a great Tuesday night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top