So, I have referenced starburst mirrors in an older post... but now I would like to discuss eagle-topped convex mirrors... I am a huge fan of this trend. I love that these pieces are ultra-traditonal and fancy in a very fun and gaudy way- most of them are gold, which is such a warm and classic finish that I believe can fit into most spaces, regardless of the color combination of the room.

I have a super small, $8 purchase from an antique store in Birmingham, AL that I just adore. I mean, who doesn't want a teeny-tiny convex mirror topped with a sprawling eagle??? Here is an image of the beloved little mirror in my hallway.
Here are a few images that prove that this look is completely in style... and works in many different spaces.
via lonny mag

by Deborah Whitlaw Llewellyn

via elle decor

via i suwanee

by Markham Roberts

via my notting hill

via my notting hill

via ruemag.com

via oprah home

by Tom Hayes

So- I have recently purchased another convex, eagle-topped mirror. I found this little guy at an antique store in Hoover, Alabama for $30! I really loved it, but I knew I would paint it... it was a little dark for my taste.... Here it is before: It will be seen from a distance, so I really wanted the details to be seen.
So here is what I did... I painted a large portion of the mirror white, I wanted the circle to be set apart from the eagle and other details surrounding the mirror- I also addedw touches of silver and gold paint to brighten and highlight all of the details. I added the grey/brown paint from the wall of my living room to paint along the rim of the mirror- as well as the "beaded" portion closest to the mirror. Here it is up close...
And here it is from a distance... I think it's much more of a statement- and looks fantastic next to my new drapes!
and again...
Hope you have had a wonderful Monday! I have been so looking forward to this week, I love premiere week! I will be vegging out a lot more now...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top