Hello abode lovers and hooray for the start of a new week. I am super pumped about this week because I have decided to bite the bullet and launch Laurel Dawn the shop THIS week! eeeek! What made me decide to do it NOW? Well, it's ready... basically. I just have a few more things to tweak that I should be taking care of in the next 24-48 hours and then it's HAPPENING. So-- as another little sneak peek of my original art collection, I wanted to share a 48"x48" piece that I made for my dining nook. I love that it's SUPER big and makes a statement on this large wall that's been nakedy for years! I also love that it kind of mimics what's happening in the Glorias Garden rug in my living room!


Here is the space before....


Here's another view of the space AFTER-- I love the way this piece looks next to the bone inlay mirror as well-- the lines in each piece are organic while being very different in size, shape and color-- so they work well together without clashing or looking too matchy. 


Here is a close up of the painting. I will be offering this piece as a print in my shop!


and again... I don't mean to pat myself on the back, but I kind of love the way this piece works in my space! 





Here are a few details shots... this piece is acrylic and chalk pastel on raw canvas. I love the frayed edging and the metallic spots in each piece are my favorite. 




I hope all of you abode lovers are as excited as I am! 
Here are the two paintings revealed so far... both will be offered as prints THIS week!

Have a great day abode lovers and be sure to follow Abode Love closely this week as the shop Laurel Dawn WILL be launching!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top