Hello abode lovers and Happy Monday--
I have been spending time in coffee shops lately, why? Well, people watching is no.1 (obviously) and 2, it really forces me to get shit done, know what I mean? Sometimes I sit and feel sorry for myself as I watch the college kids studying their brains out-- what I wouldn't give to go back to college, geeze. But at the end of my 2 hours of sitting around sipping my latte and jamming out to mind-numbing Mumford & Sons, I have actually gotten some of the stuff on my to-do list checked off. Booya. Is there anything better than checking tasks off a long to-do list? I think not. Maybe being in college, but besides that, nothing.

Wow... these college kids are really getting to me. I know I sound a little cray, but wasn't it nice when everything was laid out in front of you by semester? I knew the projects that I had to tackle as well as the tests I knew I would have to take. I loved the feeling of taking a test (I know, I'm crazy) but I just loved getting a grade for the projects and tests that I took. When you enter the real world, there are no grades. Not one. I mean, wouldn't it be nice to know where you stand in the world? In your job? I hunger for grades-- I am aware that makes me a freak. But are there any other freaks out there that totally relate to my craziness? I have often wondered if going back to school would be good for me, just so I can get a grade every now and then, or maybe a progress report to light a fire under my ass...

Anyway, today as I think about all of the many things that I have to complete-- I find myself daydreaming (not only about going back to school) but about beautiful spaces to work from...

I think I've dreamt about this image... look at that chair. My bum wants that chair. It seems as if I could think of really genius concepts from that velvety blue tufted piece of art... I also love the blue pin board on the wall, I think it's just lovely and unexpected. 


This space would be perfect for me right now-- a window to people watch RIGHT in front of my computer. I think a window does more for people in the work place than you can imagine. Seeing the light of day makes you feel like you're still part of the world even though you're peering into a computer screen 75% of the time. Windows = goodness. 


I love this space so much-- it's beautiful. Really, really beautiful and pristine. I'm not sure I could keep it this way, but I sure would like to. 


That's quite a pin board. I love the overhead lighting to highlight the inspiration, but I also love the pretty little table lamps flanking this extra large desk top. This looks like a very creative work environment while still feeling streamlined and not too busy. Using all white is a really great call to streamline a space that could look cluttered easily. 


Here again is a dream office with a view for prime people watching... I love this. I think that this space feels cozy yet open because of the large windows. The lantern is super fun and the floors own me. Can you imagine this space without that gorgeous pattern on the floor? Boring. I think my future perfect office will rock an amazeballs floor like this. Why not?


Fancy Shmancy. I mean, those floors, floor to ceiling bookshelves, the FIREPLACE, the double doors opening to the terrace-- get out. I think if I worked in this office space I would only work while sipping champagne and wearing high heels-- right? I would probably have a butler as well... named Carson.  


This must be where design brilliance is born. I can imagine my design bff Katie Beth from The Good Stuff and myself jamming out to Kanye and Of Monsters of Men in this space drooling over furniture and blogging like there's no tomorrow. I love that this space feels like it welcomes collaboration and risk taking... it must be those gorgeous chandys, mismatched chairs and windows flooding the space with natural light...


Here again.. a window. Are all of you abode lovers understanding my need for windows as a part of my work day?? I also love the coziness of this little office nook. The art and oversized botanical hanging add a lot of interest to this small space. I'm not usually a fan of this much wood and brown in one space, but it really works and makes this space feel super warm and cozy. 


Wowza- this is so pretty and modern. I don't think I could ever rock this space, but I sure do love it. Look how pretty, shiny and streamlined it all is... I love the chair wrapped in fur. It seems like Rachel Zoe would totally adore this little nook-- I'm sure she would. 


Here again is a space that seems like it would welcome collaborative genius. I love the matching yellow lamps, the light and bright walls and furniture and again, the flood of natural light filling the space. I can picture myself in this space blogging, pinning and brainstorming for projects... can't you? 


So- anyone else think that these spaces would make you great?!? They sure do inspire me and make me think of how much your work environment can help or hinder your creative juices. Aside from being green with envy of the college kids that show up at coffee shops to cram, I really do love the atmosphere and it puts me in a good place to blog and brainstorm for projects. Where do you work best?? Do you dream of spaces like this?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top