Hello abode lovers! So-- do you ever finish an abode project and then later see something that you should have done different? Ugh, I hate that. I feel like it happens ALL the time-- especially if you're obsessed with home design and the blog world. Today I am posting about one of the things I wish I would have done in my kitchen's face lift. It would have been a bit more expensive, but it's QUITE the statement and would have added a lot of extra interest in my space. What is this amazing feature I speak of? The waterfall island. It's just such a great, seamless and bit more modern look... I'm obsessed. 

Upon seeing this gorgeous feature for the first time, I had to refer back to TLC, a trio of women who really had it right.... "don't go chasing waterfalls" is what I must sing to myself as I drool over these images... 

I loooovvvveeee this kitchen. It's much more modern than I would typically go for-- BUT the chandelier and the rug really speak to me and it tames down the harsh, start white lines in this kitchen space. I would also display sparkly, fancy things on the top of the cabinets to glam it up a bit, but this kitchen's got it right. Don't you just love the waterfall island?? It's so rich looking and seamless. 


Is this waterfall granite?? Is is just an amazing wood-ish/amber color? I love it too. This kitchen is SO warm and yummy. I am loving the wooden floating shelf that features a super romantic and super classic wedding photo-- there's nothing like art in the kitchen! I love the black framed window and the warmth radiating from that gorgeous glass pendant. I think this space is the bomb. 
Don't go chasing waterfalls, don't go chasing waterfalls, don't go chasing waterfalls.....


Can you imaging this pretty white kitchen without the marble waterfall?? I think not. 


Another marble waterfall... I know I've blogged about this space before, but it's too good not to add to this post!


These countertops remind me of my granite... which again, makes me really wish I had done this in my kitchen! Anyhow, I love the sleek, white cabinetry underneath and I love the traditional wood chairs and dining table in this space. 


Again-- imagine that this countertop doesn't waterfall down the side of the island-- it would be SUCH a different look!


I love everything about this kitchen- I mean, everything. I wouldn't change a single thing about this gorgeous kitchen. I love the horizontal hardware on the black cabinetry and the white floating shelves so perfectly styled are owning me. Also- how about those brass and black pendant lights! Geeze. This kitchen is the best.  Also- can you see the entire feature wall of cream and gray tile? Perfection. 


I really like this waterfall island because it's made of CEMENT! I've always loved cement countertops, so it makes perfect sense that I would lust after this waterfall island.


This kitchen is super pretty- check out that backsplash and the waterfall island is SO dramatic. Isn't that pattern a show stopper!?!


I hope all of you abode lovers have a great day-- and good luck not drooling over these waterfalls!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top