Hello abode lovers and happy Friday! Anyone catch that Glee episode last night. Holy Britney, it was amazing. I think I'm going to have to buy the music from that one... wowza, loved it! Anyone else watch Glee and love it?? If you watch Glee and don't love it, please, don't tell me about it... I don't think I can handle much more Britney bashing... Mister Husband has filled the role appropriately in that department. (He's caught a few minutes of the X-Factor here and there and I guess he's crazy-- he's not the biggest Britney fan... "then WHY did you marry him?" you ask... well, it was a hurdle, but he's super cute and he makes me laugh... so his lack of understanding my long-time obsession with Britney slid under my radar.)

ANYWAY-- back to what really matters, beautiful abodes and the things that make them so special! Today I want to talk a little more about art-- as some of you may already know, I've got a little side project going on that I cannot WAIT to share with you concerning art-- lots of art. But for now, I would like to introduce one of my new sponsors, MyArtHabit. They've got a ton of really great art options that are super budget-friendly.

For all of the abode lovers out there who's husbands demand a man cave, corner, or in my case, a Man Mountain... 



...then this could be a great option for you. MyArtHabit has a ton of panorama shots of a variety of stadiums... Mister Husband would love this shot of Jordan Hare in Auburn.




For those of you abode lovers who have been digging the horse art trend...


LOVE this foyer... those blue glass sconces are totally unexpected, I would have never chosen them myself, but they really add a nice touch of bright color! 


this space is all about the horse artwork... so breathtaking. I love the two very different images of the same subject-- I'm also pretty cray about that high gloss blue ceiling. Yowza!


 Another pretty space that contains horsey cuddling... I'm pretty into this, those two make quite a statement hanging over the fireplace. I also adore those matching ottomans, lovely! The print is such a nice tie to the horse image.


Another huge statement piece... I really love the impact that this beauty has on this bedroom. I love that the painting is SO large that it basically turns into the headboard and you don't even miss a headboard being in the room at all... the scale of this beautiful piece makes the space complete and gives a perfect focal point.


I am LOVING this trend... totally timeless in every way. I mean, check out that little bar nook! Amazing. 


Here are a few budget friendly options from MyArtHabit that can give you the same look... 





If you have a hard time with picking art based off the subject matter, then abstract is probably the way to go... Here are some of my favorite spaces thanks to abstract art:

I love that this nursery is totally gender neutral thanks to the gorgeous abstract art hanging over the crib. I think it's a great idea for a nursery because it adds a lovely sense of sophistication, and it also allows the art that is used in the nursery to have a long life...


Oooooh.... I love this piece. It really sets the tone for this abode. I love mixed media and the contrast and texture in this piece is so rich and yummy. I also love that the homeowner let the art shine with white walls, ottoman, table and lamp. The large black lamp shade is a nice touch to break up all the white without taking away too much attention from the artwork.


Typically, abodes feature a large painting hanging centered over the fireplace... I love that this space breaks the rules. The off centered abstract piece is balanced nicely with the vase of flowering branches. I also love a super traditional space like this using such an abstract piece of art-- it makes this space feel much more young and fresh.


Oh yeah- this scribbly black and white art is perfect. I love that here again, the space is super traditional, but the modern, abstract art elevates the space to a more modern look and feel. I'm also flipping out over the hippo sitting on the mantel. Give me a break, that dude needs to come live with me. I now need a hippo in a bad way.


Another pretty foyer with all of the attention on the artwork... great, great look. I love the bright hues used in this piece and the rotation that I feel looking at it... such lovely movement.  


So, if abstract is more your style... then these guys may be for you.... there are a ton of options on MyArtHabit, but these were two of my favorite abstract pieces:




A big thank you to MyArtHabit for sponsoring Abode Love this month! Go check 'em out, they've got a big library of artwork and a lot of them are right on trend! Happy Friday ya'll, we made it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top