Hello abode lovers and happy Monday! We're back, the weekend is completely over... super, super over. But, I guess we will all survive until Friday! Dodging Monday isn't an option, so lets do this. 

Today I want to discuss gorgeous spaces with a dash of unexpected industrial style. I'm planning on infusing some of this style into my abode sooner than later... more on that in a bit!

Is there anything NOT amazing about this little corner? I love the wall color, and that little ram up there is lovely (isn't that a ram?) -- all of you know that I'm a sucker for a little taxidermy. I love that this super industrial, metal piece paired with the rich, creamy tufted chair. Without the softness of the tufted little gal in the corner, this metal piece may be a little too harsh. I love a well balanced space!


Love this. Orange. Metal. Industrial. I am loving the casters and the long legs on this pretty piece. I also love the dainty little lamp and the handful of roses topping this to soften up the look. 


I could definitely blog from this bright space. I love all of the natural light-- I also love that all of the white in this room really puts this tall, metal industrial piece on display.  


Now, this space is a little more industrial than the other spaces... there's not much of another style to soften this look. I feel like a wooden table or perhaps upholstered chairs instead of metal would have made a big difference in this space. I do love the lighting over the metal shelving though... 


Gorgeous. Look at those tall, white faced lockers. I also love the vintage metal fans sitting on top of that tall beauty. Here again, I love that the tufted seating warms up the space as well as the drapery panels and the suzani area rug.


This gorgeous glass cabinet used to be sold at West Elm, it's gone now, boo. I LOVE this piece-- I think it would work beautifully in any space... storing dishes in a kitchen or displaying yummy little trinkets, this guy could handle any task. Man, I really wish it was still being sold!


This is a perfect example of how to do a bulky industrial piece in any space... look at this beautiful vignette. It's soft and not too industrial or harsh at all... The wooden side chair along with the antique wooden frame and art really add warmth to this little space. I also love the balance of the greenery... symmetry screams tradition to me. Don't you just love these kinds of style combinations? I do!


Wow. I mean, wow. Look at the handles on that gorgeous piece! Here again, there's a LOT of white in the space-- I love how the lack of color really allows this gem to shine. 


GORGEOUS. Industrial china cabinet, yes please! I am loving the combination of metal, mesh, stainless steel, wood, white ceramic and those gorgeous baskets and bottles! This piece is a dream.


So, I realize that the industrial style is nothing new, and I actually have quite a bit of it already in the Man Mountain--- but I really love how feminine these spaces still feel despite the heavy, industrial pieces that are so strong in each space.

Here are a few spots that I've infused a little industrial style to Mister Husband's Man Mountain:
This Restoration Hardware Aviator chair was certainly a splurge, but my General Dad is a pilot, and I felt like we needed this-- It really adds a ton of interest to this little reading corner. 


This metal aviator trunk was also a Restoration Hardware splurge-- I snagged it on sale, thank goodness... but I love, love the masculine feel that it gives this space. There's a lot of white and cream in Mister Husband's Man Mountain, and I feel like this metal trunk really grounds the space. This trunk is now covered in cup rings and spill marks, but honestly, I think it makes the trunk a bit more interesting! Woohoo for industrial... it's oh-so-forgiving. 


I can't wait to share what else I have planned for the abode-- it's industrial and a little unexpected! I hope all of you abode lovers get through your Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top