Hello abode lovers and happy Monday- it's another week, anyone wishing that the weekend continued to Monday and work and "real world" stuff started on Tuesday? I do. The weekend flew by because it was packed with work projects of my own! I'm going to have a hella-cray-cray week, but it almost always ends up being worth it. So, there will be a lot of coffee in my life this week!

Anyone catch the Auburn/LSU game over the weekend? CRAZY good- we didn't win, but man, we were CLOSE! Heartbreaking, great game. 

Anyhow-- today I'm talking about my new obsession in kitchen styling. Cutting boards! They're 100% useful, so it makes perfect sense that these beautiful boards are now popping up on display in tons of gorgeous kitchen spaces. Check 'em out...

I love this clean, white kitchen. The open shelving full of pretty white dishes is such a nice, layered look without looking too busy. I also just LOVE when you see art lounging around a kitchen like this gentleman, leaning against the backsplash. He looks great and really adds an unexpected charm to this kitchen. Do you spy the cutting boards and the wooden pizzas board hanging on the wall?? These rustic, wood pieces add such a nice touch of warmth to the space- and best of all, they're useful in the kitchen!


This cutting board is just so damn cute I had to include it... It's so teeny! Like a baby! Don't you just love the juxtaposition of all of those wooden utensils on display and the floating shelf that is stocked with pretty glass pieces? I LOVE the contrast.


This is quite the collected nook. Aren't those cutting boards gorgeous?!?


He's another take on displaying cutting boards-- I love it. These color blocked guys are too cool-- it's a gallery wall that makes perfect sense in the kitchen! 


This kitchen is pretty darn amazing-- who wouldn't want TWO islands?? Counter space galore, that's a dream! Do you spy the leaning cutting boards back there? Again-- they add a nice touch of warmth to this space.


I love the open shelving in this kitchen- it's lovely. The dishes on display add so much interest to the kitchen-- the thick, marble countertops are the perfect contrast to the black lower cabinetry. So pretty. If you block out those cutting boards leaning against the white backsplash, it would feel a bit sterile to me... all black and white and no warmth. No thanks. I love the cutting boards and what they do for this space.


THAT is one big-a cutting board! 


I have always LOVED this kitchen. It's AMAZING and the styling is perfect in my opinion. I have always been drawn to the copper kitchen aid mixer, the bamboo shade and of course the cutting boards leaning against the backsplash. 


This kitchen is awesome-- the subway to the ceiling is outstanding. I love it. I also really love that all of the white is broken up with raw, wood trim. So pretty. The wooden accents in this space are what make this kitchen so perfect-- I mean, check out that bread bin with the wooden top! And of course, check out those leaning cutting boards-- they're hanging out next to that fabulous white ceramic pig. 


Do you spy the leaning boards in this space?? What a GREAT kitchen. That's a lot of cabinet space abode lovers... 


And again... so pretty. I really love the cabinet color on the outers, but I'm not a huge fan of the honey colored wooden island. And those stools are definitely not doing it for me :( boo. All that to say, this is still a really lovely space. 


Oh yes. The color of these cabinets is SO pretty. I also love that black window! But of course, we're talking wooden boards on display- and this pizza board is pretty amazing. I love the initials seen on this handsome fella. 


So, do any of you abode lovers feel like you should have some fabulous cutting boards struttin' on your countertops?? I do. Here are a few great options that I stumbled upon over the weekend...

anthropologie cutting boards: I love, love these boards because of their leather handles. I think these would be awesome hung in a gallery wall look in a kitchen. 


anthropologie color blocked boards: These are super similar to the image that I featured of color blocked cutting boards! These guys are super pretty. Don't you think this could be a super easy DIY? 


anthropologie novel cutting boards: Oooohhhhhh...... I LOVE THESE! They're a little whimsical and different than your standard cutting board. These would be amazing in any kitchen. Oh man, now I'm lusting for these two in a bad way... 

'

etsy vintage boards: These are super cool and have a ton of character already- they're also a GREAT price. 


I hope you enjoyed all of these gorgeous cutting boards and pizza boards-- I'm kind of obsessed now. I hope all of you have a great Monday!

Also, just reminding you of this-- Stella & Dot deal! Go check it out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top