Hello abode lovers and Happy Wednesday! Today it was actually cool when I woke up this morning! After the sweltering summer heat, I must say, I am SO ready for true, fall weather. Bring on the boots and jackets people! So, today, in honor of it being nice this morning (and before it gets hot again this afternoon) I wanted to post a few spaces that feel like autumn.... crisp and warm at the same time!

I love these built-ins and I adore the fact that they're not all painted the same color. The grey is such a nice contrast to the white bookcases and it feels so very custom. I'm also really loving the gold mirror in the little nook between the shelving- the gold touches and hints of brown in the styling create a really nice warmth to contrast with the cool walls and ceiling. This is also a really great way to incorporate a small tv into any space... Gorgeousness!


Taxidermy chic... and look at those large pieces of art- lovely. Don't you want to sip some apple cider and look through drool over a few blogs while sitting in that gorgeous chair with a little cowhide under your feet??? 


Love the styling of this little reading nook-- Don't you just want to curl up in that leather chair, wrap up in that blanket and read, or perhaps take a cat nap while the leaves fall outside? Yes. Yes is the correct answer to that question. Don't you just love the detail on those ceiling beams?


I would never want to purposely put THIS much wood into one kitchen, but I tell you what-- I think it's beautiful. I love that there aren't upper cabinets but decorative displays and artwork to warm up the space instead. I also love a lamp in a kitchen... it makes it feel so much more "homey" and feels like any other room in the house. 


I love good, rustic wood beams. It feels warm, crisp and perfect for fall. I am loving the painted windows an that fabulous green based farmhouse table.  


Copper feel like fall, the end. Also-- this kitchen is totally bad ass and that's probably the biggest island I've ever seen in my entire life. I mean, it needs 3 chandys to light it appropriately. I would not hate this kitchen if I had it... In fact, I would probably sleep in it... 


Woah-- rich. That's one amazing space. Doesn't it feel cozy? I really love how plush all of the furnishings feel... those chairs have a great look and the zebra pattern really adds interest and breaks up all of the dark color used in the space. And look at that velvet sofa... King, my yellow lab, would destroy this with his body-o-hair. He is killing me lately with all his shedding... anyone else look at a room like this and think... "I could never have that, my dumb dog is too hairy." It's gross-- and I've about had it with that silly dog... I mean, If I could just teach him how to vacuum, the shedding would be a non-issue. Anyone have tips for how I can go about teaching him to vacuum??? 


I realize that this space is a nursery, but it's fabulous none-the-less. That grasscloth is amazing and the patterned drapes and glider really add a yummy, warm feeling to this little nook. This space makes me think of candy apples, hot cocoa and trick or treating...  


There is nothing more amazing than this kitchen. I mean, how many beautifully custom details can you add to ONE space?!? First of all, that lighting system is completely unexpected and totally interesting. The backsplash is simple, but the pattern is really pretty-- I also love that it echoes the unbelievable, rustic wood island. Isn't that island a show stopper? I love the combination of warm, honey colored stools with the bright white base and the rich, warm wooden flooring. This space is amazeballs.


Here's another kitchen that's amazing... it feels so much like fall to me thanks to the basket light fixture, the huge pizza oven cutting board thingy over the stove and the black trimmed windows-- this space is so, so pretty. 


So, is it feeling like fall in your neck of the woods yet? We still have our AC blasting, but I think we're getting close to real, cool, crisp fall weather. Thank you God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top