Hello abode lovers and happy hump day! I am so happy that it's Wednesday, I get to go over to my mom and dad's house tonight and help watch my sister's precious babies. I'm sure I'll be exhausted after a few hours... I don't know how anyone takes care of a 2 year old and an almost 6 month old!?! Anyone remember Raleigh and his precious friends of the forest nursery?  and Anyone remember this fiasco with the nursery?

Anyway, back to the main topic of the day: turtles. I have loved turtles for years now. I am a Delta Zeta alumni (yes, I was a sorority gal) and our mascot was a turtle. Cute, right? Well, after becoming a DZ I was on the lookout for anything and everything turtle... I was 18, can you blame me? Well now, one of my little sisters is also a DZ so I find myself buying her turtle things for every holiday possible (I snagged the MOST precious oversized turtle studs from Anthropologie last year). SO, has anyone else noticed the turtle explosion that's beginning? I am obsessed. Check out all of the turtle things I've been pinning lately...


These lamps are awesome. They're expensive, so I'm hoping that someone will knock them off sooner or later so that I can snag one or two. I personally like the natural looking shell, but they're both pretty interesting! $298, check it out here.

Anyone notice the shell next to the mantle over there? You really have to have turtles on the brain to spot it... I LOVE this space. All of the brass lighting is spectacular and all of the natural references are just too cool. Who would have thought to hang an oversized clam shell drawing? 


Here is the same space from another angle... isn't that shell a star? I mean, it has it's own spotlight.


I have loved this little nook since the first time I laid eyes on it... the color of the walls is so pretty and is the perfect contrast to the warm, rustic turtle shell hanging over the bar. The only thing I'm not crazy about in this space is that butterfly chandy... hmmm, anyone else not digging that little touch of whimsy? 


More shells is warm spaces...


I love this mantle arrangement. The shell in the fireplace is totally unexpected but I think it's fabulous. I also want a plaster head like the one on the mantle... 

Can you spot the shell? 


Love this turtle print. I think the colors are lovely and the turtles look so sweet! I would love to stick a huge, white mat around these babies and wrap it up with a gold frame. 


More turtle art, this time super graphic. I think anyone could do a DIY of a turtle silhouette like this large piece of art. I would do a gold leafed turtle... maybe I should? 


look at this precious guy from JCrew!?! I think he's so cute.  It's no longer being sold, but I bet you could snag one on Ebay.


That's quite the collection. I love how they're hung too...  


So pretty. It's 10"x 8.5" from High Street Market for $78. This little tray would be a great gift for someone for Christmas, like me. 
 More turtle art, this little guy is from Etsy for only $10! Check it out here.


Wow. That's a lot of shells! 


These painted white turtle shells are pretty interesting. I also love that they're hung by rope. They look fantastic against the white walls.


More turtle art prints... around $45. Check them out here.


Anyone else notice the shell being cropped out of the photo? I do! Again, this space embraces lots of natural elements. The antlers, warm woods and artwork really make this space feel special. 



Here are some photos from the baby shower for Raleigh... his friends of the forest theme included turtles! I got a pair of footed, turtle platters from World Market and I LOVE them! To see the whole shower click here.



So, anyone else dying over all of the fabulous turtle stuff?!? I am. I looked around for a little while on Ebay and Etsy and only came across small turtle shells at a pretty stiff price, eek! So I'll have my eyes open for an affordable and BIG turtle shell to live in my abode. Have a great Wednesday abode lovers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top