Hello Abode Lovers and happy Thursday! It's ALMOST the weekend and it's also almost time to "fall backward" aka, sleep in another HOUR! I am pretty pumped about that. Anyway, today I want to share more deets about my decisions for Muse Hair Salon in Birmingham, AL. Earlier this week, I shared an inspiration board with a few pieces of furniture and the basic feel for the salon. Well, today we're talking custom built, super fancy furniture!

THE INSPIRATION:
I really loved a lot of the Industrial Wisteria pieces, but they weren't the specs that I was looking for. Muse needed a few case goods for storage as well as a few super oversized pieces and they really needed to function perfectly for a salon. I decided to check out my local handyman/miraculous carpenter about getting a quote for custom pieces and his quote fit the bill! Chris Kulow, my friend and carpenter, actually works with me at my 9 to 5 which is super convenient for me (Chris is a carpenter from 9-5 and many hours after!). Check out what he's been working on... get ready to be amazed.

(sorry for the quality, these are photos from my skank, 3 year old iphone, eek!)


This piece is meant to live behind the shampoo area, there are 3 holes cut out of the top for easy access to trash as well as a laundry basket for wet towels. First and foremost, this piece needed to be functional, but Lord knows I need a little sparkle on everything, so Chris welded these corner accents together for the perfect amount of "shzush" I love it.




The entire piece is covered in slats of wood. I love this rustic, warm look. 


All that's missing is hardware....


Another view from the top. I love the addition of the silver bolts on top of the gold corner pieces.... gold and silver combinations are a major part of Muse's look. 


Here are the lovely little rings that will grace the front of this piece. We ordered brass, but got something much darker than pictured online, so Chris sprayed them to match the corner accent pieces.


And here are photos from the install! Don't the rings look fabulous?!? I love the warmth and rustic quality of this large cabinet juxtaposed against the feminine, coral floor. 



And here are the fancy shampoo bowls! Have you ever seen a shampoo station that was so pretty?!? I LOVE this look. The stylist will have the perfect amount of space to shampoo hair, reach back on the cabinet and get some shampoo and continue washing.


A look from the front.


The ultra-plush creamy, "pebble" leather  and chrome shampoo chair that reclines... so comfy!


If anyone is looking for a carpenter to build beautiful furniture, contact me and I'll get you Chris' contact information! Have a great day abode lovers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top