Hello and happy Monday abode lovers! I hope all of you had a fabulous weekend. I hosted my younger siblings at the abode this weekend and after lots of barbeque and gobbs of halloween candy, it's safe to say that I'm pooped. I had a blast, those kids are the BEST. My kid brother spent most of his time in the Man Mountain playing with Mister Hubbs' xbox and sitting in his car driving chair monstrosity... (which I am still horrified lives in our abode). Anyway, I think the weekend was a success!

So, today I wanted to share a small but fabulous update in the kitchen. As some of you may know, I celebrated a birthday in June-- I never really shared what I got for my birthday so here it is! I know, I know... you're all probably wondering why it took almost 6 months for me to share my birthday spoils, well it's because I'm embarassed and ashamed about what I purchased with my birhday money this year. I still have the receipt just in case I can't take it anymore, but I've been living with it this long, so I think it's a keeper. Have you ever heard of buyer's remorse lasting for 6 months?!? Well.. here it is folks, my overpriced and super amazing Anthropologie Verdant Bread Bin. Please abode lovers, don't judge me.


Pretty spectacular right?!? I kept the Pelligrino where it was, replaced a white, ceramic Target pitcher and added my prized cement horse head to the ensemble. That guy has been dying to play a better part in the story of the abode and is now living in the spotlight, er, under-cabinet light. That stupid power outlet is cramping my style a bit, but I guess those dad-gum things are necessary.


(here's what I had before...)
I think it's a much cleaner look... this was just too colorful for me. I've decided I really want to keep any accessories in the kitchen very monochromatic in tones of white, gray and cream, like the cabinetry. 


So, if you would like an overpriced bread bin, you know where to get one. Anthropologie. Also, if you are like me, you'll also have dreams about the matching Verdant Canister


I mean, look how well they go together! I would probably place the pretty little canister in another location in the kitchen, but they would be living under the same roof, the way they were meant to be, together. I feel like I have a sad and lonely "man bin" in my abode just waiting for his lovely little canister to walk into it's life... they're like starcrossed lovers right now, living in two very different worlds. Someone, put an end to this madness, please.  


Okay, enough of that melodrama...(but seriously, someone, help a "man bin" out...) Other items that my kitchen is dreaming about are these whimsical Curious Deciduous Salad plates at $16 a pop. I would get all 4 and hang them in my kitchen, I still have ZERO artwork in there, and that's just stupid if you ask me... perhaps some lovely person will give them to me for Christmas!?! I think the shape of these plates is so different and interesting and the sweet little illustrations on each piece are pretty and have the perfect balance of greys and creams and muted colors to add a little life to my space without feeling too busy.


This Curious Deciduous Platter would also like to live in my kitchen... it would be the perfect centerpiece to the collection of salad plates!


So that's it... all of my kitchen wants needs plus my shameful purchase for my birthday 6 months ago. I hope all of you abode lovers have a fabulous Monday! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top