My sister, Nene (the older one in Atlanta with baby no.2 on the way) really wanted me to do a post about banquettes. She has a long and narrow kitchen and is in desperate need of an eat-in area in the kitchen (instead of the separate dining room she already has). Banquettes are a great idea for small spaces because most of your seating, at least half, will be kissing the wall. No need for room behind banquette seating, which you would typically need for traffic and pulling out your chair. This makes banquette seating great for those looking to save a little space! So, you end up getting more banq for your buck... 

Banquettes can be dressed up big time, like this space- Love the crisp white tufted banquette... it's very formal while still saving space! I am dying over that crystal candelabra and the wrap around floor to ceiling drapes... gorgeous!
See how much space is saved where the banquette is located? I love this look.
I just featured this space-- check out why here. I love the shelf above the seating- it's another great way to utilize space. I love having lots of art in a kitchen, and this definitely allows for art to be displayed and more!
This built-in banquette is fantastic. I love the art hanging over the seating- and the black 
pedestal table is fabulous against such a creamy backdrop. Hello gorgeous contrast!
This banquette isn't saving any space... but I thought it was pretty fabulous, so why not?
 I mean, who doesn't want a curved, wingback banquette?
I really adore this look- I like the built-in banquette paired with warm wood table... lovely! 
Goodness gracious... this is such a lovely little dining nook! Chairs would have NEVER fit around this gorgeous farmhouse table in this small space... thank goodness for these built in banquettes.
Here's another one sided banquette that I really enjoy- I like the stripes and throw pillows. I'm not sure if these would be great for kiddos... (I can just see a very sticky little person grabbing hold of those pillows...) Perhaps the kiddos could be confined to using the chairs!?
round table. square corner. this. works.
This is my favorite image so far. I love, love all of the black against the white-ish/gray walls. I also love the warmth that the chairs bring into the space. Fabulous urns, fabulous flowers... There isn't a thing I would change in this space!
pretty and fresh- 
Another curved banquette... this time tufted. I mean, this is gorgeous! Also, check out the exposed brick and AMAZING black double doors!!! Get outta town.
This is a great way to utilize a little window seat!
That blue/green is fantastic... I like how this feels like a super informal (yet somehow still SUPER glamorous) space- the table is so small that it seems like a cocktail space instead of a dining area.
I can't get enough of this space... So glamorous. Love the adventurous and uber daring color selections. 
Here is another kitchen making the most seating out of a small and shallow end of the kitchen!
This is a little retro for my taste- but I sure can appreciate it for what it is!
This banquette was just featured in Serena&Lily and I LOVE this nook. I really love the cluster of mismatched art and the shelf holding up all those pretty things! I think a shelf or two would work great over a banquette. The more storage the better! Maybe even stacking plates, and bowls to the ceiling!
Another beautiful banquette- love the lighting and the bamboo chairs- what a lovely and fresh space.

Here is a nice, round table that would work great with any banquette!
This table is also really fun- I love the rounded built-in banquette... but this table would certainly work with a corner banquette or a straight bench. 

This table would be fantastic with one long banquette bench...

I simply adore this table... I love the carrara marble and steel/aluminum combination. I love the idea of a table feeling so delicate, especially in contrast to a heavy banquette. If I could use a table shaped like this, I totally would! (side note: there is a kitchen island offered in this same style!)

Gorgeous right? I also love these glossy, black, curvy chairs. 

This would work really well with a small corner banquette... I think I like the idea of a circle table better though... it's easier to slide around the table and make room for more!

Here are a few great options from Ballard Designs... They have SO many fabric choices... and I really love the many different banquette options that they have. You can make them as long or as short as you'd like! (You can also wrap around a corner or two!) Also- for small spaces, this storage banquette bench is perfect... You could store all kinds of things in these babies!
This is a little more glam.. I love the slight shape change of the backs of these banquettes, and the nailheads are fabulous... 


Louis XVI Dining Chair, WisteriaFrench Kitchen Table, Crate & Barrel and Hampton Upholstered Bench, Ballard Designs is my winning banquette combination! I really love the Ikat fabric that Ballard Designs is offering. The pattern is large and crisp and could work in SO many different spaces. I also really love the combination of materials... wood, stone, steel & fabric. If I had a banquette in my abode, this would definitely be it!
So, what do you think about banquettes? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top