Happy Tuesday Abode Lovers! Today I have a little treat to share with you... I made a few changes over at the abode over the past weekend! I had my little sister Hannah (the middle sister who I like to call "Sunshine") in town to finish up her spring break from Auburn for the night. She helped me do a few things around the abode (we also watched a few episodes of our beloved, Glee!) 

Wouldn't you LOVE to know what we did? Well- we hung ANTIQUE CORBELS under my kitchen island! My mother-in-law brought these GORGEOUS corbels over to the abode last week and we both couldn't believe how PERFECT they fit under the island! She found them at Scott's in ATL-- she has a GREAT eye for amazing things. These babies are being sold EVERYWHERE now- but there is something so precious about the fact that they're antiques and have been worn from love and life... 

So I decided to take on this mini project- but of course, Sunshine and I had some major issues hanging these. I must admit, Colonel Dad would have been very helpful with this project... but we did the BEST we could! After a few curse words, bruises, drilling, screwing and then later helplessly hammering from inside my cabinets- they were up! I honestly couldn't be happier with the outcome!


One thing that I LOVE about these corbels is the fact that they are bright white... aside from the severe distressed parts (which I love). I have a cream and white kitchen, and sometimes I question the balance of bright white in the space. Now with this addition of white to the center of the kitchen, I feel that the whites and creams are more balanced. 

Here is a view from the living room of the kitchen pre-corbel. (pre-anything-fabulous really....)



after kitchen remodel...


after antique corbels= fabulosity.

For more on my entire kitchen remodel, check this out.

another before... from the living room.

and after... It feels SO much more custom-- I just adore what these pieces bring to this space!



another before...




So- what do you think? I am so happy that I went through literally hours of trouble with my sweet (and extremely patient) little Sunshine sister... thanks Hannah!


As I mentioned earlier- you can get this look now easily-- they sell these at Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware (and I'm sure COUNTLESS other places!) Here are a few examples...







I hope all of you abode lovers have a great Tuesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top